Mobile Phones ok then lol... can I get opinions please

Mickie iPhone 100%

can do some great stuff, watch tv in the toilet at work.
keep up to date with the forum on Tapatalk or Forum runner
if ya get lost you can use GPS tracking or sat nav.

I heard the Desire battery life is even worse than the iPhone.

Battery is about a day with moderate use. I will continue to use SE phone day to day. I think Mickie wants a new toy :).

That's what I wanted as I new battery was not great.

Still posting on mine now!

So many different views :)

I guess whatever phone I buy in the end it will be good regardless ;)

Mickie

I suppose it depends on what you really want the device for.

For me I wanted a good texter / emailer that I could get a decent sat nav app for and loads of novelty and easy to use apps as well as an easy to use OS that looked pretty.

Android fits that bill perfectly

Maemo was just too much of a pain for me and proberly a bit much. I hated trying to figure out x terminal to install certain apps.

Wish Android integrated everything like the n900 did though.
It's brilliant for IM.
My missus still has an n900 if u really want come round and play with my desire and my girlfriends nokia lol ;-)

So many different views :)

I guess whatever phone I buy in the end it will be good regardless ;)

Mickie

whatever phone you buy will be the wrong one, there will always be someone who states you made the wrong decision, & there will always be something you wanted to use that would have been available "if only you had got the (insert phone name here)"
i think most of the phone mentioned are great, but its only when you have bought the phone that you see its capabilities.
i have the htc p6500 its a brick but i needed windows for my work, and at the time that was the recommended phone. never liked it because of its size, but it is a great phone. battery life was absolutely superb, until you use a windows app (down to about 5-6 hours - without even making a call) it got to the point where i was really p1ssed off with it. now i have found a few faults with the handset & orange are sending me a new handset htc t3232 & i am worried it wont be as good as the sh1t one i am using at the moment !
all you will get is a lot of biased replies from members who are delighted with their phone, or p1ssed off with their's.
its a minefield, with phones boasting battery life that is astronomical, until you turn the thing on. so many apps that you wouldn't know what to do with. an os that you can't do without (which 1 you choose will be wrong)
what car do you drive mickie ? bet its sh1t compared to the (yeah insert whatever). same applies tv, fridge freezer, pc, after shave, toilet seat.
all in all the best wine is banrock station, 2008 reserve, cabernet sauvignon shiraz. makes you go all philisophical (think that spells p1ssed) make your own mind up & maybe have a bottle of what ive just had & lucky dip m8.
bet youv've still not made tour mind up, 2 days, 25 posts.
btw, fed up with this sh1t wine, can anyone find me another that will get me to bed earlier ? (besides aussie white)

Remember to get a 3G enables SIM off O2 or you will be wondering why the internet is so slow... :eek:

if u really want come round and play with my desire and my girlfriends nokia lol ;-)

I've never heard it called that before.

Jim is right though. For ease of use, do not buy the n900. If you like linux, and dabble in command line stuff, then there is no alternative.

The iphone and android based mobiles are smart phones, and very good at what they do.

The n900 is a computer, that you can make phone calls on. Do you want a computer or a phone with cool apps and games?

It is literally a computer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6zNfBczub8&feature=related]YouTube - Installing Debian on the N900[/ame]

Again, restate. The n900 is not user friendly. It is however, the most versatile phone I have ever touched.

Posting from phone!

Pages seem slow to load but that might be a setting here.

Taking the back off is akin to pulling the lid off a tub of butter when you think its going to snap.

How do I turn off vibrate when keyboard is tapped?

you could install tapatalk for quick forum loading. Although it looks like an update of the old PDA styles. its in android section

Ive had the Desire, wasnt to pleased so went back to the iphone 3gs.

and will be getting iphone 4 one day..

what you can do is this....

buy the iphone 4 on paug - may cost £500, keep the tarif you have at the moment, and use that in your iphone. this is what i have done with orange, but they dont know :)

also when it comes time to sell you will still hold a very good value on the iphone,

this way you wont be tied in to a 18 month contract

you will need to cut your simcard to fit in the new iphone but thats easy.

Back