Win 10 ok i tried to upgrade to windows 10

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ive tried to upgrade to windows 10,have done all the usual stuff,downloaded the tool ,even tried burning it to disk{which wouldnt boot up}it manages to get install to around 55% then says it failed ?? anyopne any ideas??

Trying turning off any anti-virus. Also near the beginning untick the option to download any updates. Also remove any disk in the cdrom and use a usb drive. Sometimes I've had to run the upgrade 2-3 times before it eventually works.

ok keep the info coming ,but everything yous are saying ive tried lol
Check to see if there is a newer bios version.
Re download win 10 from Microsoft in case there was a problem with your 1st one.

Was also going to suggest standing on one leg whilst spinning frantically ant-clockwise but guess you've already tried that 😂 😂 😂

Might be that it's loading an incompatible driver. Don't suppose you can check that your hardware has Win10 drivers available?

Could be something critical, chipset etc.

Have you done a BIOS (@chookey mentioned it earlier) and CPU microcode update? If available...

trying to upgrade,checked memory loads free ,have downloaded direct from microsoft

No i meant check it for errors run Memtest just download the free version, or you could try taking one stick of ram out and then try install, if it fails take out the other stick and replace the first one, dependant on how many sticks of ram you have that is.

Back