Off to Silverstone

Pesho77

Reaction score
I'm off to Silverstone this year for the 2017 F1 Gp, any one else going ?

Pesh

I have been thinking about it, but really need to sort the house out. I've been 6 times now and love it.
Do you camp there? They have some fancy shipping containers that have been done out with a wet room flat screen tv internet and the whole nine yards now. Very expensive though. I have also noticed some pre erected tee pee type things that look good. Again though expensive.

I'm going!! leaving tomorrow and camping at woodlands. Got 500 miles to cover first and hoping to be at camp about 9 and hopefully have enough daylight and energy to make camp.

Pity i only seen this thread, could have met up. Enjoy tho and i'll be hedging my bets on hammy winning... the point i was on here for and there is no bet for the f1 in the bookie section?!?

I'm very jealous , hope its great and the weather is kind to you. I stopped in woodlands when I went .
Check out the petrol head pub it's a laugh. Also there is a steak house near the petrol head (if they are still coming) and it was brilliant.

Last edited:
Here now, bloody wrecked from the drive , got here about 9,got gazebo up, but can't figure out my dad's old frame tent, spent 4 hours on it and it's just to dark now lol... Onwards and upwards I suppose fresh(ish) eyes tomorrow should help

50 mph roadworks for the smart motorway was frustrating tho.

Here now, bloody wrecked from the drive , got here about 9,got gazebo up, but can't figure out my dad's old frame tent, spent 4 hours on it and it's just to dark now lol... Onwards and upwards I suppose fresh(ish) eyes tomorrow should help

50 mph roadworks for the smart motorway was frustrating tho.

You did right going Thursday night, traffic round there will be nuts for the rest of the weekend. Hope you enjoy it. Get some pics for us to rub it in aswell.

Last edited:
We'll , I've survived so far, got the tent up buy nit much sleep, feet are walked off me.

I can really notice a change with the place since we were last here 7 yrs ago.
I was worried about food prices as they are always inflated and I've read that it's got worse over the years BUT I don't think it's to bad and I'm a tight swine lol.

So far I've loved it but could do with a golf cart :D

Upload a pic or 2 when I'm home, got a few selfies... well the wife did and I photo bombed them but they turned out terrible :D

I did the Italian Grand Prix in 2012 but never Silverstone.
Not sure why???

I did the Italian Grand Prix in 2012 but never Silverstone.
Not sure why???

Because, providing you can get to Milan in the first place, Monza is a fairly straightforward train and shuttle bus ride from the city.

Silverstone on the other hand, is a massive pain in the arse to get to, and once you get there it's a monumental pain in the arse to get out of the place.

Never again! :mad:

Because, providing you can get to Milan in the first place, Monza is a fairly straightforward train and shuttle bus ride from the city.

Silverstone on the other hand, is a massive pain in the arse to get to, and once you get there it's a monumental pain in the arse to get out of the place.

Never again! :mad:

Over the years it has gotten much batter access wise. Any event with a large number of people arriving is going to have issues. They have put a lot more thought in to it from my experiences in the past. It is still better to get there on Thursday night at the latest and either leave it a while before trying to leave after the race on Sunday, or even have a few beers and leave on the Monday morning.

just watching this on TV I wonder how much a paddock pass costs or is it invitation only

Hi, I'll cherp in and say even leaving on Monday morning is a nightmare, took us an hour to get to the nearby mcdonalds so i couldn't imaging what it's like on the Sunday :eek:.

I've tried to upload a few pic's, I've selected random ones from small tile preview:rolleyes:, if they are no good i'll replace them as we haven't got sorting threw them all.

Had a good weekend apart the walking and tent fiasco at the start, i didn't eat from the vendors all the time and i only bought around 10 drinks at the track so i didn't spend to much, not as much as i thought and it was 1 of my worries, we took a lot of food including 2 12v cooler boxes and plenty of drink with us but we brought a lot back that went in the bin :rolleyes: so i tend to side on the part that you can make Silverstone cheap if you like or there is the no limit option if you can afford it... you'd certainly be able to spend it!! Ticket prices are the dear part,and i've seen they have jumped again for next year :mad::mad: it was a great event this year, they put it on from the Wedensday so your getting more for your money i just don't see how they can justify 15 percent hikes:mad:

Had a great time and will return if i can, i just hope they don't spoil it as they are heading in the right direction.

p.s
Alan is still missing on the campsites:)

Attachments

• IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 12
very jealous , it was a great race as well. i have been rounding the troops for next year!!!

Last edited:
I have booked next year , 4 of us in woodlands and club a. Where were you sat biggles?

Back