odd facts section

Body temperature should be somewhere between 35/37.5 (not much of a window lol)

Hypothermia: <35.0 °C (95.0 °F)

Hyperthermia: >37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)

Reactions: gez
The 22 SAS regiment is organized into four squadrons, each squadron consisting of four 16-man troops. Each troop specializes in either mountaineering, parachuting, amphibious operations, or mobility operations using vehicles and heavy weapons.

The 22 SAS regiment is organized into four squadrons, each squadron consisting of four 16-man troops. Each troop specializes in either mountaineering, parachuting, amphibious operations, or mobility operations using vehicles and heavy weapons.

My wife’s nephew has has been on the selection course and he said it’s nightmare. People from all the regiments get chosen if they standout but very few get into the regiment.

I have been told by a relative that my dad was in the Special Boat Services during the war, when trying to find out about his war service I was informed there were no records of him have served in the Navy either Royal or Merchant. I have since found his Continuous Certificate of Discharge, which details the ships and time periods that he was aboard the ship, this record shows that he served on both Royal Navy and Merchant Navy ships (One of the "Merchant Navy" ships boarded and took an Italian tanker "prisoner"). There is also a break of just over the year of 1942 where his records have been left blank, but I know that he served the whole of the war.
Although he looked as if there was nothing of him, he could be lethal if need be..............I remember when he was about 61 or 2 seeing him hospitalise 3 big muscular navvies probably in their 30's that thought they were going to give a skinny old git a kicking, in a space of seconds.

Horse Power

An average work horse achieves a maximum of just under 15 hp at a sprint, while a human at peak production achieves around five horsepower.

Vaccine origin:

late 18th century: from Latin vaccinus, from vacca ‘cow’ (because of the early use of the cowpox virus against smallpox).

Solstice:

The solstices always occur between June 20 and 22 and between December 20 and 23

2020 is Monday 21st December :)

Day's of Week

The Babylonians named the days after the five planetary bodies known to them (Tuesday through Saturday) and after the Sun and Moon (Sunday and Monday). This custom was later adopted by the Romans.

A 1 Carat Diamond simply refers to the weight of the diamond. 1 Carat equals 200 milligrams, or 0.2 grams.

A karat is a measurement indicating the proportion of gold in an alloy out of 24 parts, so 18K gold is 18/24 parts gold. However, the use of carat (in place of karat) to indicate the fineness of gold is also considered acceptable.

ABV/ Proof

In the United States, the modern definition of alcohol proof is twice the percentage of ABV. Alcohol Proof Example: An alcoholic beverage that is 40% ethyl alcohol by volume is referred to as being '80 proof'. 100-proof whiskey is 50% alcohol by volume. ... Pure alcohol or absolute alcohol is 200 proof.

Signal strengths can range from approximately -30 dBm to -110 dBm. The closer that number is to 0, the stronger the cell signal. In general, anything better than -85 decibels is considered a usable signal.

Twilights​

There are three different definitions of twilight:
  1. Civil twilight – when the Sun's centre is 6° below the horizon, is roughly equivalent to Lighting-up Time. In the UK, it is between 30 and 60 minutes after sunset. The brightest stars are visible and at sea the horizon is clearly defined.
  2. Nautical twilight – when the Sun's centre is 12° below the horizon, is to all intents and purposes the time when it is dark. For nautical purposes it is that time when the horizon ceases to be clearly visible and it is impossible to determine altitudes with reference to the horizon.
  3. Astronomical twilight – when the Sun's centre is 18° below the horizon, is when it is truly dark and no remnant of the Sun's afterglow can be seen.

Back