Oculus Quest 2

Been trying to get PIA (VPN) on it, to test out SlingTV (US).
Sideloaded it in, but when launched, the button to login doesn't seem to do anything??

Sky Worlds (beta) seems tidy. I haven't got a Sky ID, but it let's you see a few minutes from an old game. :)

Just stumbled upon Return to Castle Wolfenstein in VR lol (blast from the past)
I notice that if you want to move forward quickly (run) in FPS's you need to be standing (which nearly toppled me over lol)
There is a solution :)
(Settings/ experimental features/ raise view/ enable)
You'll need to enable this evey time you reset the boundary guardian. :)

Was looking at getting the HP Reverb G2 now that they are back in stock. Love the price of the Quest 2 but am worried that I would regret buying one and would crave the higher resolution of the G2.
My main reasons for buying would be VTOL VR, DCS World and Microsoft Flight.
Finally took the plunge and have just ordered the G2. Didn't use the link above but ordered direct from HP and saved £39. Should be here by the end of the week :)
Just going to check out some prescription lenses for it now. Don't fancy wearing my specs under it.

Reverb G2 arrived this morning. I bought VTOL VR from Steam and started setting it all up.
Error code 4.1.

Says that my usb speed is too slow. Tried 2 different usb C ports on my pc and used the supplied usb C to A cable but still the same.
Absolutely gutted. Only now I find out it is a common issue.
Z490 motherboard.

Now to get on to support and ready to be asked stupid questions. Think I'll tell them refund and just get a Quest instead. :mad:

Here I am 1 hour and 30 minutes later and have been unable to speak to any support agent. Keep going round in circles which ends with the phone options only being to speak about a pc or a printer problem. Tried 3 different numbers.
Doesn't appear to be an email option.

Ended up sending an email to the HP Store telling them I wanted to return the "ornament".
Been looking forward to owning one of these for some time but due to Covid they were hard to get hold of. I hope it doesn't prove as hard to get rid of it as well. 😂

Going to slip something more suitable on and bugger off out for a pint. Woe betide anyone really small and puny looking who even glances in my direction. :D

Here I am 1 hour and 30 minutes later and have been unable to speak to any support agent. Keep going round in circles which ends with the phone options only being to speak about a pc or a printer problem. Tried 3 different numbers.

Ended up sending an email to the HP Store telling them I wanted to return the "ornament".
Been looking forward to owning one of these for some time but due to Covid they were hard to get hold of. I hope it doesn't prove as hard to get rid of it as well. 😂

Going to slip something more suitable on and bugger off out for a pint. Woe betide anyone really small and puny looking who even glances in my direction. :D
What you need is the TRIPP meditation app for mindfulness and relaxation lol. I've literally just tried it and it's very mellow indeed. :)

Aim XR is a good FPS, also Tennis League VR and KillerPool are good fun. :)

Just tried Izzy's Beach Volleyball. What a pair ;) you can even have a grope when she introduces herself. lol

(All on Applab)

I managed to speak to someone at HP Support last week. I had to press the pc problem option and after telling her it was a VR headset problem she transferred me. The other person wasn't the right department either but she transferred me yet again but she also passed on the details I had given her so I didn't have to go through it all again.
Speaking to a guy now and he soon opened a case and decided the connecting cable and switch were likely at fault. I am currently waiting for the replacement to arrive, due by 1-00pm today.

If anyone reads this and need to speak to support regarding the Reverb G2 then don't select consumer products. You need to select Business products/Workstation. That will get you through to the proper department and save you the hours of going round in circles I endured.

Does anyone think they'll ever have a headset with 180° vision (like human eyes)?
Only problem with the current one's is that it's like looking through a snorkel. :)

Does anyone think they'll ever have a headset with 180° vision (like human eyes)?
Only problem with the current one's is that it's like looking through a snorkel. :)
Yeah, most VR headsets do also look like you're looking through a screen door.

Yeah, most VR headsets do also look like you're looking through a screen door.
That wasn't the case for the short while I had the HP Reverb G2. There was none of that screen door effect. Visually the only thing I would fault would be the small sweet spot.
I would find I had to hold my head in a certain position to be able to focus which spoilt it for me. I reckon the screen door effect is getting far less noticeable with the latest headsets.

About time I got the Quest 2. My only problem is that the big companies spy on me and always bring out a newer, better version the instant I complete checkout ;)

Back