Photo Comp October's photo comp

brewby55

DW Regular
Reaction score
This month's theme is Autumn / Halloween / Bonfire Night
Images must be taken during October and be the entrants own work
Comp closes October 25th

Anyone posting in this thread will be assumed to have read and agree to be bound by the photo competition rules.

I'll kick off with a lonely leaf

15548866296_75fc854c88_c.jpg

I've posted this because autumn heralds the annual return of these lovely fellas.

DSC_0015.JPG

Doh! Missed it again :(

Great shots guys.

Just a thought on the comp side.. As a few of us miss it often... why don't we slightly change the format of it.
So, I was thinking lets remove the 'competition' element as this can often put people off. I suggest that each month has a topic like it does now and people come on and post their efforts in one thread, discuss them in another.
Limit it to 1 entry per member so that it does not get flooded with 64 photo's of a snail in my back garden, and at the end of the month people have a casual vote on the photo they liked the most.
The person with the most votes then chooses the next months topic.

Alternatively the previous months winner can choose the following months topic and then at the end of the month that person chooses their best photo and that member takes the baton to choose the topic and their best photo to pass the baton on again for the next month... and so on...

Make sense? Stupid idea or something worth considering? I think we might get a few more people posting this way as they often see some of the works of art and feel that they cannot beat it.

This is a picture of my moggy called Muppet.
she hates it when it raining as there are no squirrels to chase and play with.

Attachments

• 1414163142815.jpg
    1414163142815.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 43

Great shots guys.

Just a thought on the comp side.. As a few of us miss it often... why don't we slightly change the format of it.
So, I was thinking lets remove the 'competition' element as this can often put people off. I suggest that each month has a topic like it does now and people come on and post their efforts in one thread, discuss them in another.
Limit it to 1 entry per member so that it does not get flooded with 64 photo's of a snail in my back garden, and at the end of the month people have a casual vote on the photo they liked the most.

Alternatively the previous months winner can choose the following months topic and then at the end of the month that person chooses their best photo and that member takes the baton to choose the topic and their best photo to pass the baton on again for the next month... and so on...

Make sense? Stupid idea or something worth considering? I think we might get a few more people posting this way as they often see some of the works of art and feel that they cannot beat it.

I quite agree, at the end of the day if only 2 people post an entry it's not really a competition. It is not always possible to get out and find a decent image to meet the chosen subject either.
Happy to go with the flow

So, what do we reckon mods/admin?

Sounds like a good plan..anything to shake things up a little and make things more appealing..
As posted its not much fun if only 2 or 3 people post pictures yet saying that it means something to those who post so numbers in a sense matter and more entrants would be nice but even if you only get 2 or 3 it's still worthwhile.
So I'm with you and implement anything that may help the thread..

Of course I should not be the one or have the authority for these changes to be made. Clearly making an observation.

Plus I cannot give people the cinema tickets as a prize any more as the supplier are clamping down on it...

Of course I should not be the one or have the authority for these changes to be made. Clearly making an observation.

Plus I cannot give people the cinema tickets as a prize any more as the supplier are clamping down on it...

That's cool mate..if someone what's to take ownership of the competition they can stipulate the rules..
And can be done for the love of it...I enjoy this thread and don't expect anything in return.
Maybe admin could dish out some D.W CASH to first second and third etc...

Another way to attract or 'remind' us snappers would be to use the mention feature, like @Napster does on the DW bonus ball.

Great shots guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless her wee cotton socks! She's saying "Daddy, turn it off please". Mine hate it too, happily we get a lot less of it here :)

This is a picture of my moggy called Muppet.
she hates it when it raining as there are no squirrels to chase and play with.

Back