Nvidia shield

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a new Nvidia shield due out shortly? I am after a new android box and want a very good one but these Nvidia seem have been out a while.

Not seen the new one but always get great reviews. The hardware is second to none.They run on android tv os, so you need to sideload certain apks.

I got one a few months ago, I've not had anything emails from them about a new one due out, but I well pleased with this one which is the 2017 model.

A bit pricey but I've spent 100's on cheap and not so cheap android boxes over the years and not one has come close to the nvidia sheild for playing 4k video from my NAS or playing games (for free).

I believe there are a couple of boxes that came out recently that have taken on the sheild though.

thanks for the replies, I just did not want to buy one and a week later a new model came out.

Black friday is around the corner, they usually come down in price to £139.99.

Currys have dropped it to £148.51 and now includes a £10.00 stream voucher. So I bought one.

I'm still waiting for the Black friday and hope that then not soon a new version appears.

Back