nvidia 7800gs ?

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok im after a new card for this pc in agp as im running a ati 9600pro and it wonna work with two monitor...im been looking at the nvidia 7800gs 512 ddr dual dvi...

? need to know if this card will run 2 x montors at the same time as im getting a new lcd screen as i whant to run two montors at the same time an have work on both...

? i only have a 450 power supply in this pc so will that run the 7800gs or will i have to get a bigger one ....

they make a nvidia 7800gs and a 7800gf..?anyone no wat the difference is an wats the best out the two cards....

? is dual dvi what i need on the card to run two screens at the same time..

sorry for all the ?'s an

cheers for any info anyone can give.

I wonder if the GF of the 7800GF you've seen is a corruption of GeForce more than anything else.

Use this power supply calculator to input all your components to find if your PSU is capable of running a 7800GS: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5

Dual DVI should run 2 monitors no problem and can be gotten working in the manor you want from the nvidia control panel.

From the specs the 9600 pro appears to support dual monitors so why go to the 7800?

From the specs the 9600 pro appears to support dual monitors so why go to the 7800?

A dual monitor setup on an ATI card can be a little hit-and-miss.

Some get it working very easily and don't understand why others have so much trouble. Many fail at every suggestion and end up just buying an nVidia card.

Others go overboard and buy a Matrox DualHead2Go or even a TripleHead2Go... Not that they are bad products, just overkill for the average dual monitor home user.

ok im after a new card for this pc in agp as im running a ati 9600pro and it wonna work with two monitor...im been looking at the nvidia 7800gs 512 ddr dual dvi...

? need to know if this card will run 2 x montors at the same time as im getting a new lcd screen as i whant to run two montors at the same time an have work on both...

? i only have a 450 power supply in this pc so will that run the 7800gs or will i have to get a bigger one ....

they make a nvidia 7800gs and a 7800gf..?anyone no wat the difference is an wats the best out the two cards....

? is dual dvi what i need on the card to run two screens at the same time..

sorry for all the ?'s an

cheers for any info anyone can give.

I myself have recently upgraded from a Geforce 8600gt to ATI HD 4770 running a 24in monitor with a Sony Bravia 42in 1080p LCD TV as my secondary display with a extended desktop on my HTPC.

I'd take a look @ ATI's Radeon HD 4650, Gigabyte do an AGP version. It's a dual DVI card so you can run a dual monitor setup with it or If you get a DVI/HDMI dongle, you to can run it thru a LCD TV saving ya dosh by not having to layout for a second monitor.

It also utilises ATI's new Catalys Control Center v. 9.8 which make the setup of Dual displays an absolute breeze..

A dual monitor setup on an ATI card can be a little hit-and-miss.

Some get it working very easily and don't understand why others have so much trouble. Many fail at every suggestion and end up just buying an nVidia card.

Others go overboard and buy a Matrox DualHead2Go or even a TripleHead2Go... Not that they are bad products, just overkill for the average dual monitor home user.

Not a dig at you or anyone else lp but understand your need for saying it.

It also utilises ATI's new Catalys Control Center v. 9.8 which make the setup of Dual displays an absolute breeze..
I'm not loyal to either brand, I buy the best for my budget and intended end use (e.g. at the moment you'd be mad to buy a 8800/9800/GT250 over a HD4770). So it's good to know that CCCv9.8 supported cards can be configured to run a dual display when specing out for people.
Not a dig at you or anyone else lp but understand your need for saying it.
Didn't take it as a dig tech', you asked a genuine question. Hopefully the answer wasn't too blunt?

Obviously from little.dread.1's answer I'm a little behind the times with ATI's dual monitor abilities on the newer cards...

guess its easy for us all to get out of date with this stuff lp as they seem to bring stuff out on a daily basis lol

Back