Number juggling

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
OK peeps, it dont look like the smargos are going to be of any use with the gamma cards i bought a few months back, as the smargo wont recognide the gammas properly :(

This means that theres a lot of lines and connections, that aint actually doing anything, and using up yours and mine bandwidth, but also more processing power this end for every request coming in, routing it, then finding that theres no card there

i found out the issue that was causing the sly card to lock up, and since banning jimmyp and his shiney new spiderbox, we havent had another lockup

the viacess jsc card is now as much use as the old M2+ card, and the supplier wont change it for an irdeto one, but, we still have the omnia+++ card, so i think this clears that

We still have sly on port 34009, and a gamma card loaded with bulsat on 34010

if you have a line with ports 34015, 16, 17 these can be deleted, as the smargos look to be a fail

i know one or two have sent PMs about no longer needing access, could you resend a PM if this is the case, as i can also clean up the config files

Ive been mega hectic the last few weeks, but hopefully, this weekend, things will calm down a bit, and ill have time to look through all this

dd

OK peeps, it dont look like the smargos are going to be of any use with the gamma cards i bought a few months back, as the smargo wont recognide the gammas properly :(

This means that theres a lot of lines and connections, that aint actually doing anything, and using up yours and mine bandwidth, but also more processing power this end for every request coming in, routing it, then finding that theres no card there

i found out the issue that was causing the sly card to lock up, and since banning jimmyp and his shiney new spiderbox, we havent had another lockup

the viacess jsc card is now as much use as the old M2+ card, and the supplier wont change it for an irdeto one, but, we still have the omnia+++ card, so i think this clears that

We still have sly on port 34009, and a gamma card loaded with bulsat on 34010

if you have a line with ports 34015, 16, 17 these can be deleted, as the smargos look to be a fail

i know one or two have sent PMs about no longer needing access, could you resend a PM if this is the case, as i can also clean up the config files

Ive been mega hectic the last few weeks, but hopefully, this weekend, things will calm down a bit, and ill have time to look through all this

dd

not guilty mate ive been connected to a different server since june 4 so must be a diffrent issue

Are the lockups fixed? I dont look much but I'm sure the problem was still there over the weekend. To back JP up, the locking issue has been ongoing for many months before Jim got a spiderbox. I've had issues with it for around a year but presumed it was too many people using it, but i do now have doubts about this.
Are there many connecting & using?
Regards :)

what a shame its come to this,started off so promising,and then it became a very unstable share for myself indeed,this is why i have moved on.
ever since the herder has picked up a dangerous fixation with tight hugging spandex material from the early 70's,things have gone down hill badly.

all the best for the future you warped minded spandex dancing shepphard.

lol.:Wave::Wave::FLASHER:

i dont think theres even a dozen of us on there

but these latest lockups, totally shut down the receiver, no ftp, no telnet, no nothing, and the last thing they log, every time, is jimmyp taking a key

it was only sunday night that i changed the config, as the receiver was locking up roughly every 6 hours, and since doing that, its not locked once

as i dont actually watch the telly, i only know of problems if someone sends me a text, and normally i can restart/reboot from my phone with no problems, but the lockups for the last couple of weeks have been total lockdown, so i originally thought the receiver may be on its way out, its been on, 24/7 for about 4 years if not more, but i stripped it, live, and checked it all out, and couldnt find any issues, so i then set my router to monitor all requests on that IP, and then found the pattern

TBH I'm in two minds whether to carry on with it or not.

I very rarely watch anything on it, normally a bit of pron every couple of months with the Mrs but that's it. Has this expired again now?

Are we likely to get anything else on other than Sly and Bulsat (which I can't get for some reason)?

I think the idea of a private and safe share is still great. I still love ya dude even if Jason dont :) Big problem is that private cant compete with commercial shares. I dont watch enough telly to have either lol.

This latest problem I dont really know much about, so I understand what you say when indicating the spiderbox. All I can mention is that I've never really found this share stable, probably ever since you had all the cards in one place dude, but certainly ever since changing to the white card that did make it troublesome. If I watched tv more, or could afford it, I suppose I would have gone elsewhere a long while ago tbh. I am really surprised if there's only a few or less than a dozen people.

Over time I've had chance to test many commercial shares, my bro in spain installs and sells them so I have been able to see why they are attractive. Around £15~£18 per month and you'll get true stable service with no glitch and never a problem, plus the bonus of literally 9 out of 10 channels clearing on every satelllite. The channel line-up cannot improve tbh, its basically everything.

Just switched on to have a look and my box appears to be dead, just powers up but won't show anything on screen.

I'm going to cancel my sub, I know it's not much but seems silly to keep paying for something I never use.

Will have to try and re-flash it at some point.

Back