ntldr is missing

johnny5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

my wee sister has a laptop & suddenly says ntldr is missing?

any ideas?

thanks for you time

regards
J5

Just extract it from the recovery console, or download it on another pc and copy it to a floppy then copy it from the floppy to the root of your C: drive.

You'll find it in the /i386 folder on your XP cd.

Last edited:
m8 do what witchy2k1 said and have a look on a xp disk its on there, or copy the file from another computer onto your cd.

like this:

goto Start/ click search click on All files and folders and type the name of the file in the box, below that you will see look in make sure its on your local disc (C) below that youll see more advanced options tick all boxs then press search,in the right hand plane you should eventuly see the file you want,
right click it and copy it to your desktop now right click the file on your desktop and send it to your cd drive, in the task bar (bottom right) a pop up will saying you have files waiting to be writen to the cd do wot it says and click the balloon,now a folder will appear make sure you cd is in the drive and press write these files to CD, the cd writing wizard will pop up just click next, when done put the cd in the computer you want to copy the file onto,browse to the file on the cd, right click it and press copy, now browse to and double click on MY computer and double click your local disc (C),nowright click any-where on a "empty space" and press paste.

reboot computer and see if it still does it. phew

Last edited:
the laptop that asks for ntldr, doesnt load, hence why i cant see the start menu or my computer etc

youll have you'se a win98 boot disk and boot into the cmd promt and use the good old cmds to take the file of your cd and put in onto your C drive then.
or just reinstall windows.

here you go mate all you got to do is unzip this burn it direct onto a cdr then stick it in the pc you may need to change you boot sequence to first boot cd rom.

if you get stuck pm me your addy and ill walk you through it

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Back