ntl to telew

rixter

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi folks ive modded nt 120 is it pssible to mod it to work in a tw area, totally new at this it may be a daft question but thought id ask before pursuing it cheers guys

Yes, they follow DOCSIS and will work on TW.

They may appear more apparent on the TW network as they show up as Ambit cable modems which is a brand not used by TW.

thanx spectre youve made a grumpy man smile.luv ya

Spectre said:
Yes, they follow DOCSIS and will work on TW.

They may appear more apparent on the TW network as they show up as Ambit cable modems which is a brand not used by TW.

Mate as Spectre says the modem will work but it's risky. You can easily be detected.

i used a 200 in tw area for 18 months an now a mate round the corner is usin it an weve never had a problem you'll need to set the downstream frequency to 331000000 an use a valid mac offa another gateway in your area u might need to change the upstream channel id but i cant remember now just look at a sub's config an copy the details on the ambit their may even be a tut in the downloads but its easy enough anyway.

would it be any different to use a nt modem unused

Wouldnt make a diff thing is when u scan a network aswell as the mac address you get the manufacturer, model & serial number an if we can see whats on the network you can bet your ass they can to.

cheers for that so it cums down to take yer chances then

I personally dont think theirs a difference in the risks between an ambit an moto on tw network at the end of the day they'll know what modems should be there an wot modems shouldnt, wouldnt supprise if they can get a list of clones just by pressing a button, but takin em out is a different story all together.

thanx for youre time guys much appreciated.

Back