ntl new tv drive box talkback question

nokia_dan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i was reading on other forum that most people are using the tv drive modded without cutting talkback is this reccomended or not what are the chances of getting caught
please let me no thanks dan

aint seen 1 of these boxes yet but would like to get hold of 1 and have a little play

hi i was reading on other forum that most people are using the tv drive modded without cutting talkback is this reccomended or not what are the chances of getting caught
please let me no thanks dan

No, its not recommended !

Although VM seem to be doing little about these boxes at the moment there is certainly no guarantee that they wont start doing something tomorrow.

Basically, people are being far to greedy and taking too many chances !

No, its not recommended !

Although VM seem to be doing little about these boxes at the moment there is certainly no guarantee that they wont start doing something tomorrow.

Basically, people are being far to greedy and taking too many chances !
is there actually a talkback mod for these??

tbh, I dont know if anything is public or not as i've personally never got to play with one of these boxes but disabling talkback shouldn't be too difficult. All of these boxes have a similar circuit for talkback which usually resides in the cable interface module. It usually consists of a return path amplifier chip and an impedance matching transformer.

The trick is to find the RPA chip, google for its datasheet and then take the appropriate action to disable its function.

If you spot a chip that looks likely then google its details. It should become rapidly apparent when you get the correct chip !

its the chip in the tuners chip r202 take that of or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update

.... or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update

except that they aren't blockers - they are attenuators which is not at all the same thing !

An attenuator simply reduces the signal level by some amount. 50dB is a huge reduction but theoretically an engineer with the appropriate equipment could still detect this signal !

i tried loads of intinuators but the picture goes off before the return path does

well mine still says return path on but ya cant get into the interactive or anything tho

when i try interactive and that box crashes and have to reset it

u got the filter on do you mean it crashes can you press the blue button to cancel

no every time i press interactive it comes up with loading but the blue button option does not come up just crashes and then it has to be reset

recording

hi.guys can u still use the record facility with talkback cut....i heard you could'nt thats from a guy who tryed on a v-plus box......thanx

its the chip in the tuners chip r202 take that of or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update

where can i get the reverse 50db noise blocker from dose maplins do them cant find it on there site

Back