• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ntl new tv drive box talkback question

nokia_dan

Inactive User
hi i was reading on other forum that most people are using the tv drive modded without cutting talkback is this reccomended or not what are the chances of getting caught
please let me no thanks dan

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
hi i was reading on other forum that most people are using the tv drive modded without cutting talkback is this reccomended or not what are the chances of getting caught
please let me no thanks dan
No, its not recommended !

Although VM seem to be doing little about these boxes at the moment there is certainly no guarantee that they wont start doing something tomorrow.

Basically, people are being far to greedy and taking too many chances !

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
No, its not recommended !

Although VM seem to be doing little about these boxes at the moment there is certainly no guarantee that they wont start doing something tomorrow.

Basically, people are being far to greedy and taking too many chances !
is there actually a talkback mod for these??

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
tbh, I dont know if anything is public or not as i've personally never got to play with one of these boxes but disabling talkback shouldn't be too difficult. All of these boxes have a similar circuit for talkback which usually resides in the cable interface module. It usually consists of a return path amplifier chip and an impedance matching transformer.

The trick is to find the RPA chip, google for its datasheet and then take the appropriate action to disable its function.

If you spot a chip that looks likely then google its details. It should become rapidly apparent when you get the correct chip !

linzi

Inactive User
its the chip in the tuners chip r202 take that of or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
.... or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update
except that they aren't blockers - they are attenuators which is not at all the same thing !

An attenuator simply reduces the signal level by some amount. 50dB is a huge reduction but theoretically an engineer with the appropriate equipment could still detect this signal !

wino

Inactive User
i tried loads of intinuators but the picture goes off before the return path does

linzi

Inactive User
well mine still says return path on but ya cant get into the interactive or anything tho

wino

Inactive User
no every time i press interactive it comes up with loading but the blue button option does not come up just crashes and then it has to be reset

basher

Member +
recording

hi.guys can u still use the record facility with talkback cut....i heard you could'nt thats from a guy who tryed on a v-plus box......thanx

motsey

Inactive User
its the chip in the tuners chip r202 take that of or buy a reverse 50db noise blocker which ya better of with as u can enable talkback to update
where can i get the reverse 50db noise blocker from dose maplins do them cant find it on there site