NTL modem home 200

bhatti00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I am totally new to this and was wondering if i could get some help.

I have an NTL modem 200, i would like to know how i can get this to connect to the internet using a cloned mac address.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, any tutorial or step by step guides.

also what software i would need to flash the modem.

Any help would be totally appreaciated, p.s. im a newbie to all of this so be gentle :)

also is there any additional hardware that i may need?

Are there any ready made kits i could get ?

How Do I Find Out If My Bootloader Has Been Updated Or Not ?

Thanks For The Guides

h*tp://192.168.100.1/
Type this in your address window.
If you see an ntl logo then it's updated.
Send it to me and I'll break it for you!!???
Cheers

You have to open up the modem and plug it into some pins that are there.
The tutorial will show you where.
I made a max233. Just one chip and a serial lead.
That was the first electoric thingy i've ever done
It is a thing of beauty.
My next project is a blackcat jtag,but i missed the postman today so it will be a while before i get around to it.
Seeya..................

Looking at the tutorial (newbie ntl tutorial.doc) http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62944

"SNIFFING FOR NEW MAC ADDRESSES USING DHCPForce

In this section I am going to tell you how I search for and find new Mac addresses using DHCPForce.

First off you need the program this can be found in the zip file with this tutorial."

where is the zip file for the program DHCP Force it doesnt seem to be here as only a word attachment is present ..
thanks peeps

HELLO AGAIN i have managed to find DHCPforce program from [DLMURL]http://mx.geocities.com/clancsmzt/cosas/DHCPForce.zip[/DLMURL]

Right i have one problem currently my NTL modem is not enabled as i have cancelled my subscription, so my dilemma is i am unable to SNIFF FOR NEW MAC ADDRESSES USING DHCPForce. As my lease is being obtained and expiring at the same time.

How can i work around this? I was thinking of maybe using the program on a friends pc as he is on NTL. would this work ? i would be able to get a list of mac addresses for the our local area. Im not sure if he is on the same GATEWAY as me.

Can anyone help with this ? thanks in advance

also my gateway is showing as 192.168.100.1 thats just the ntl default one isnt it for my modem ?
i.p address showing as 192.168.100.10

Last edited by a moderator:
i have read up in the tutorial about making the MAX232 or MAX233 connection cables. i have a few questions about this :

1) rather than buying the parts seperate would be possible to purchase a ready made working one to use on ambit 200? (reason for this is i dont have soldering kit or any experience in soldering what so ever)

2) if so where from ?

3) if it is not possible to purchase a ready made one which is best to build for ambit 200? max232 or max233

4) whats the breadboard ? (it says Not needed as you can solder caps to max232) this has confused me can someone clear this up?

I WOULD REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN GET WITH THIS, MY NEXT STAGE IS TO ORDER OR BUILD THE MAX232 or 233 so i can program in a mac code. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

m8 232 will do try tailor-madecircuits,youll get one there.

also just to mention you can still use a disabled modem to sniff macs.

bigballs said:
also just to mention you can still use a disabled modem to sniff macs.

how would i do that then m8 ?

i tried following the tutorial but no luck its just not picking anything up

the ip is coming up as 192.168.100.1
how where do i look for what gateway am on ?
is this it ?

The Modem will need to be connected to the cable feed the ip of an unregistered modem will end between 248 - 255 if the ip's showin a 192 ip it means the modem isnt handshaking with the network ie the mac isnt recognised or its got no signal. Beware though you dont wanna get the update when connecting to the cable feed so make sure you enter the commands to stop the update.

Back