Ntl In Telewest Area

P4TCA

'Stupid Scottish White Guy'
Reaction score
My friend has 2 boxes originally from n@l areas that he bought on ebay a while back (and had been using them in our TW area). He brought them to me to put back on when they got zapped. He has a tit 1 and a fun 4 for each box. I had been trying unsuccessfully to put the tits back on, then thaught it would be easier with the funs. I can program his funcard for my tw box but I cant get them to work on his box. Do I need to change the flash or bin to N@L or is there something different his N@L box requires?

Does the box still get the terestrial channels in TW.. if not then:

It depends on what type of NTL box and whether or not his area has gone teleport (VOD) ...

The introduction of VOD made the CR1 and CR2 software versions obsolete. If the box was a ditv1000 or ditv2000 running either of these software versions you would have to undo the no-update mods and then reflash the main board atmels with dumps from a telewest box.
If its a 4000n running an early software version then there may still be hope for it, as it may be possible to undo the no-update mod - then update to CR3.2 in exCW - then bring it back to telewest.
If its a 1000phase1b then it may just need a no-update mod undoing so that it can load the TW software.

So really we need to know the following:

1) Has the area gone VOD
2) Box model
3) software version

------

If the box does still get the FTA channels then its more than likely that your progging the card incorrectly.

edcase

Thanks for the info,

No channels at all on either box.

Yes in a VOD area.

box 1 is a ditv1000 using cr2.

box 2 is a di 4000n using cr3.

I may be able to lift and prog atmels at work but don't have an old tw dump as I have never done this before.

How much hope is there for the 4000n is this the wembley thing?

If the 4000n has the rev a1 mainboard and the v1.9 loader then theres a good chance you can undo the no-update mod and update it to cr3.2 in an excw area... then it will work again in TW.

The 1000 box will need a 4 chip simm board if the atmels have been removed from it. then the mailboard atmels would have to be lifted and progged with TW dumps

Have a good search on the site, im sure theres plenty of info available.

edcase

Respect edcase, you know some amount of sh*t about this. You are a GURU. It's guys like yourself that make this THE BEST forum.

Back