NTL Have capped me ????

N

NiCAM

Ntl have in there wisdom decided that they dont like how much i am using a month and decided to drop my 3Mb line down to 512kb i am a fully paying customer and am a little pi$$ed at them for this. The thing i want to know is it possible to get another mopdem from somewhere and use it on there network sorry if this sounds lame but hey its my first day. any advice would be really great

yes m8, very lame,but we are all here to help one another and yes m8 you can

So i am i right in thinking i need to pick up another ntl modem for ebay or something and then modify it so it wont auto update any more then find a suitable mac address for use in my area (sunderland)

i bought mine from ebay ,if you are going to get one get a ambit 200,they wont at the moment update,but to be honest i just got my surfboard sb4200 and it will nocks spots of the ambit i,m all ready running at 10 megs with that ,my ambits are still only 3 megs

and m8 please go to the forums who are you say hi its polite

Talking about capping.

Ive noticed every time I leave my machine downloading movie files etc I always get booted off the net, yes, actually compltley booted off and i need to reeboot the modem to get back online, seems to happen when i go to bed and leave the downloads going.

It doesnt happen other than when downloading large files over a long period, iam almost 99% positive that ntl are booting me off when downloading large files.

Is this happening with other people ?

thomson said:
Talking about capping.
Ive noticed every time I leave my machine downloading movie files etc I always get booted off the net, yes, actually compltley booted off and i need to reeboot the modem to get back online, seems to happen when i go to bed and leave the downloads going.
It doesnt happen other than when downloading large files over a long period, iam almost 99% positive that ntl are booting me off when downloading large files.
Is this happening with other people ?

The same thing happens to me?

It may not be NTL - I've noticed the NTL200 modem crashes if you hammer it for a long period, the 120 and the motas seem more stable

lincsat said:
It may not be NTL - I've noticed the NTL200 modem crashes if you hammer it for a long period, the 120 and the motas seem more stable

I have a 120 and mine sometimes kicks me off.

If you use torrents its probably down to the uploader.
I upload torrents and when ive just started the upload if there is more than 3 people downloading i kick some of them till ive uploaded to one more person.

nah gaz, iam talking about i get booted off the net all together, need to unplug then replug power to modem etc to get back on again.

Back