ntl digy new software update ???

sorry mate, hanging onto it for spares :)

anyone know anyone punting you know whats in glasgow, please drop me a pm, cheers :)

looks like you fuc*d a perfectly good box there thommo, {it was obvious as to what the fault was m8 "if it worked ok in your dads"}---------an alteration in the greenbox outside, or a booster would have cured it {sounds like your signal strength is only borderline m8}

yea i know mate :(, just lost my temper big time :mad:

i couldnt contact ntl about signal strength as iam only subscribed to analog.

ohh well :(

A weak CIM unit can cause this, I have seen this fault time after time on the 4001 and also jimmy I think said it before, Swap the CIM to get the box to update then swap it back over again when done. I also had to do it Looks like the CIM could have had an intermittent fault.

L33tpL4y4 said:
A weak CIM unit can cause this, I have seen this fault time after time on the 4001 and also jimmy I think said it before, Swap the CIM to get the box to update then swap it back over again when done. I also had to do it Looks like the CIM could have had an intermittent fault.

it must have been an intermittent fault that liked his dads cable feed

ive also got a 4001 and its stuck on tune yet my other box which also is a 4001 works fine so that tells me no problem in the cable feed any idea's thnx.

Now Now lads
As i stated before the box was wrecked
Check the signal strength!!!!
But we never found out what it was
As for tampering with the battery
Well broken box was the result after more problems
Until we know what the db was we will never settle this
Hopefully when the Jock gets a new box
He will check and settle the discussion
One thing though how long would you expect
a soldered rechargable battery to last
10yr 20yr sounds about right:Jester:

well i can tell ya'z this, when i get a new box, i will be steering well clear of the battery, LOL, i never got the "err 1" message until i touched that dam battery...:mad:

someone has offered me a 4010, what are they like ??? are they better or worse than the 4001, i cant find any pic's of them either ?

Back