Ntl 250

Temp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some help with sorting out this NTL 250 modem.
Did a search through the forum but couldn't find anyone else who has had this problem, so I guess it might just be me.

This is how far I have got... (not very)

Set my ip and gateway on the ethernet connection to 192.168.100.10, 192.168.100.1 respectively.
Started up tftpd32.exe which has the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin in the same directory.
Started hyperterminal, pointing to com3, with bps: 115200, db: 8, par: none, sb: 1, fc: none.

Then powered up the modem, which is connected to the cable feed and ethernet cable..

Nothing comes up in the hyperterminal window..

What did I do wrong?

My firewall isn't running... anything else that can upset the connection?

Hey guys,

Did a search through the forum but couldn't find anyone else who has had this problem, so I guess it might just be me.

Set my ip and gateway on the ethernet connection to 192.168.100.10, 192.168.100.1 respectively.
Started up tftpd32.exe which has the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin in the same directory.
Started hyperterminal, pointing to com3, with bps: 115200, db: 8, par: none, sb: 1, fc: none.

Then powered up the modem, which is connected to the cable feed and ethernet cable..

What did I do wrong?

check the connection on ur jtag and make sure they line up correctly eg: tx from ur jtag to tx on the modem and so on and ur com port most people use com port 1 so try those and see

Hey guys,

What did I do wrong?

no mention of a 232 here mate and ur going to need one of those to flash it.

have you connected the rs232 cable to ur modem?

gah, just re-read the instructions...

"To flash the firmware onto the Ambit250 you must use a MAX232 interface. Connect this up as per-normal."

Bollocks. Do I get one of these from ebay?

edited:

Just did a search on the forum and I have pm'd someone that can make them.
I take it you need to open up the modem and hook it up... I think this modem might have already been opened, is there a way to change the mac without the MAX232 interface?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
gah, just re-read the instructions...

"To flash the firmware onto the Ambit250 you must use a MAX232 interface. Connect this up as per-normal."

Bollocks. Do I get one of these from ebay?

edited:

Just did a search on the forum and I have pm'd someone that can make them.
I take it you need to open up the modem and hook it up... I think this modem might have already been opened, is there a way to change the mac without the MAX232 interface?

Thanks guys.

1 way to find out if the modem as been flash is is go to 192.168.100.1 if ur ask for user name and password the it been flash already if u dont see that then u need jtag

if it has been hacked u can change mac via ethernet with the 250 mac changer

don't need to change ip or disconnect the feed either ;)

Back