Ntl 250

Temp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some help with sorting out this NTL 250 modem.
Did a search through the forum but couldn't find anyone else who has had this problem, so I guess it might just be me.

This is how far I have got... (not very)

Set my ip and gateway on the ethernet connection to 192.168.100.10, 192.168.100.1 respectively.
Started up tftpd32.exe which has the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin in the same directory.
Started hyperterminal, pointing to com3, with bps: 115200, db: 8, par: none, sb: 1, fc: none.

Then powered up the modem, which is connected to the cable feed and ethernet cable..

Nothing comes up in the hyperterminal window..

What did I do wrong?

My firewall isn't running... anything else that can upset the connection?

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did a search through the forum but couldn't find anyone else who has had this problem, so I guess it might just be me.

Set my ip and gateway on the ethernet connection to 192.168.100.10, 192.168.100.1 respectively.
Started up tftpd32.exe which has the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin in the same directory.
Started hyperterminal, pointing to com3, with bps: 115200, db: 8, par: none, sb: 1, fc: none.

Then powered up the modem, which is connected to the cable feed and ethernet cable..

What did I do wrong?

check the connection on ur jtag and make sure they line up correctly eg: tx from ur jtag to tx on the modem and so on and ur com port most people use com port 1 so try those and see

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What did I do wrong?

no mention of a 232 here mate and ur going to need one of those to flash it.

Temp

Inactive User
Reaction score
have you connected the rs232 cable to ur modem?

gah, just re-read the instructions...

"To flash the firmware onto the Ambit250 you must use a MAX232 interface. Connect this up as per-normal."

Bollocks. Do I get one of these from ebay?

edited:

Just did a search on the forum and I have pm'd someone that can make them.
I take it you need to open up the modem and hook it up... I think this modem might have already been opened, is there a way to change the mac without the MAX232 interface?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
gah, just re-read the instructions...

"To flash the firmware onto the Ambit250 you must use a MAX232 interface. Connect this up as per-normal."

Bollocks. Do I get one of these from ebay?

edited:

Just did a search on the forum and I have pm'd someone that can make them.
I take it you need to open up the modem and hook it up... I think this modem might have already been opened, is there a way to change the mac without the MAX232 interface?

Thanks guys.

1 way to find out if the modem as been flash is is go to 192.168.100.1 if ur ask for user name and password the it been flash already if u dont see that then u need jtag

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
if it has been hacked u can change mac via ethernet with the 250 mac changer

don't need to change ip or disconnect the feed either ;)

TEST