NTL 2000 Box

K.o.R

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I'm really interested in making an HTPC to replace my NTL box, but the problem would appear to be that it's of the type that is a real b****r to get the relevant information from.

What's the situation with this type of box (Di2000t, box key cannot be read from the card due to it being locked somehow about 3 years back)? Would it be quicker to ask NTL very nicely to replace it with a 1000 or 4000 model if something... "unfortunate" were to happen to it?

TIA

K.o.R

I gather from this post that you are thinking of modifying your subscribed box. This is a very bad idea !

If you want to play then you need to aquire another box which is not registered to you. Possibly a dbox/dreambox or one of the other cable compatible boxes would fulfill your needs. You do not need any information from your subbed box to get one of these alternative boxes up and running.

Like Nozzer said mate, dont mod your subbed box, buy another one and sort it that way.

All you would need is a pace 1000 box (bit old now tho) and a card progger

OR

A Sammy 2100c (Nice Silver One) with card progger and a JTAG.

Both are easy to do, the sammy is better and are easier to get hold of now, plus i cant seem to get my 1000's to update to VM, only the later pace or the sammys are updating!!

Preferably go for the latter, and you can also get one from anywhere as you can use the funcard netid seter method to set your netid!!

PM me if you want any more info!!

So is it possible to get my (legal, fully paid up) subscription to work on a new box then, or is this all pie in the sky?

Not interested in getting cable for free ;) just want to consolidate all the boxes under the TV into one :)

So is it possible to get my (legal, fully paid up) subscription to work on a new box then, or is this all pie in the sky?

Not interested in getting cable for free ;) just want to consolidate all the boxes under the TV into one :)
if you want a new box then ask nthell
and as said above dont mess with a subbed box

They aint gonna give you a new box and not remove the old one.Buy a box from ebay,bootsales etc.
Split the feed 1 feed to subbed box and 1 to aquired box,mod aquired box as required sit back and enjoy.
As stated by nozzzer you're beter off buying a non cc box such as db,eurovox etc.

Would a cable TV card for the PC come under that heading of "non-cc boxes" then?

if u want to stay legit get a v+ box that has a hdd and a high def out put all u need for the HTPC

Yeah, £4-500 for the PC = V+ box for 3 years.

Virmin are doing some really good deals at the moment following their fall out with sky. If you tell them you are thinking of going to sky HD, you might get the V+ box and a good monthly rate.
I saw VM sales in Bolton town centre this dinner time offering 3 for £20 pm!!!!!
basic tv pack, 2MB BB and phone with free calls at weekend.
There's defo a deal to be had at the mo!!!

Back