ntl 120 modem

mach7

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi a m8 of mine has gave me ntl 120 mode, very nice of hime :)

it has already been cut off, he said i can do wat ever i want to it, :)

i have tried it , obviously internet is not working cos he has terminated his contract,

wats the best thing i can do with this ?,, my 200 has already been zapped , with the new firmware,
can i use the same the mac from the 200 and puti t on the 120 ???

the only prob is that the ethernet light is not comming on the modem this 120 modem, and i cant get into the modem by plugging the serial lead,,

any ideas please

mach7 said:
hi a m8 of mine has gave me ntl 120 mode, very nice of hime :)
it has already been cut off, he said i can do wat ever i want to it, :)
i have tried it , obviously internet is not working cos he has terminated his contract,
wats the best thing i can do with this ?,, my 200 has already been zapped , with the new firmware,
can i use the same the mac from the 200 and puti t on the 120 ???
the only prob is that the ethernet light is not comming on the modem this 120 modem, and i cant get into the modem by plugging the serial lead,,
any ideas please

Check the pins for a start, the 100 120 suffer from this, they have weak pins, give it a wiggle and watch the net light. Your better putting a 120 cloned mac onto it!

L33tpL4y4 said:
Check the pins for a start, the 100 120 suffer from this, they have weak pins, give it a wiggle and watch the net light. Your better putting a 120 cloned mac onto it!

Thanks 4 that, i have tried wiggling the pins, the light doesnt still come on, it says requiring for ip address in the task bar,

also do i need to do the pin 11 mod or enter some sort of command ie
cd non-vol\snmp
max-dloads_tries 0
write
cd\
reset

so it will not upgrade to the new firmware,, or does this only apply to to the 200 model,,
i am sorry if this doesnt make any sense

thank you

If its a 120 that command will not work, its for a 200 m8

thank you,

so does that mean i have to the pin 11 mod so 120 modem wont update to the new firmware,
or i dont cos when 120 is updated with the 120 firmware it is ok

but then will i be able to change the mac on the 120 ? in the future , if i want to,, i am so soory, i am abit confused aboout all this

mach7 said:
thank you,
so does that mean i have to the pin 11 mod so 120 modem wont update to the new firmware,
or i dont cos when 120 is updated with the 120 firmware it is ok
but then will i be able to change the mac on the 120 ? in the future , if i want to,, i am so soory, i am abit confused aboout all this

If it has the NTHELL logo in 192.168.100.1 Root for name and password, then ur modem is locked cant re-do the mac, unless you lift the chip and program it, need to solder skills, big job m8.

L33tpL4y4 said:
If its a 120 that command will not work, its for a 200 m8

If I have a currently working 200 with a 120 mac can I use the command to prevent the modem updating with the new firmware?

troopy said:
If I have a currently working 200 with a 120 mac can I use the command to prevent the modem updating with the new firmware?

From what i hear m8 it wont stop it, it will download the incompadle firmware and balls it up.

lol, ok m8 cheers,

I have just been told that logging into the modem and keeping the page open will prevent it from updating, sounds unlikley but I'm doing just that just incase there is anything in it as I'm sat here thinking 'any min now it's going to update' I have only one modem left after this one.

try getting an aol cable modem have been told that they work on nthell macs and dont update? but might not b true?

cheers m8, it's true they work, I am using an AOL 200 atm, but whether or not it will update remains to be seen, as far a I know they are the same modems, just ambit 200's

no a 120, I had 2 x 200 modem's with 120 macs go off around 4-5am , I had a couple of spare 200's (an aol and and ntl) I'm on the aol now with a 120 out of necessity as it was the only way to get online, hence i'm worrying it will be updated anytime soon...

I Have Heard That The Aol Modems To Take The New Ntl Update. Someone On Here Said The Other Day!

Back