NThellllllll modem HELP please!

replayman

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI people, i have read on here ways to mod modems but there is no mention on moddin a old ambit 100! can these be modded? i have a brand new one and seems a shame to through it away. any help will be top cheers.......

at this time they cant be done m8

ok cheers

thanks for letting me know. it will go back to the back of the cupboard!

soz lads they can be cracked just red it

this not my work thank iamhim

this is a working hack for ambit120, i was going to release it a while ago but lots of crap happened on the network and i was pulled away from it, i tested this out with 10mb and it worked nps!

it uses the CCs firmware (which is required for 10mb anyway) and a manual update is required to keep it working stable, i did this mod for a few people in the past and only 1 of them said their modem went off **sometimes** - better than nothing though eh?

http://tinyurl.com/yjhzcl

* A120 Tutorial inc Virgin Firmware Dump + TFTP Update Helper

download: A12403S.rar
password: hxxp://www.unlocker-forums.co.uk
as stated: rename file from rar.qwf to .rar

this is a working hack for ambit120, i was going to release it a while ago but lots of crap happened on the network and i was pulled away from it, i tested this out with 10mb and it worked nps!

it uses the CCs firmware (which is required for 10mb anyway) and a manual update is required to keep it working stable, i did this mod for a few people in the past and only 1 of them said their modem went off **sometimes** - better than nothing though eh?

Hi all
Have you read that tut?
If you can explain the 1st bit would be nice
Also its for the 120 not 100 plz note
But as i said just made me scratch my head for a day or so

is there a more noob friendly guide ? since step 1 has me stumped ? "connect JTAG and WRITE "Infinite_Bootloader.bin" to 0x00" ....I guess i issue a command from telnet or something, to do it, but what command ?

also the tut mentions using a known working mac, where would I get that ?

another bit of confusion is what is the jtag cable ? is that the same as the rs232 lead ? or do I need two sets of leads to accomplish this

Last edited:
meangreenie i have not done 1 of those, its a little bit harder to do i would stick to 200 or 250 much easyer

i will try and add bits on here that i think will help but koevoet is the best man

you might need to solder on a very small part before you can JTAG your board, but if its already present, you can go ahead and JTAG it straight away... not all revisions of the A120 board have all the parts installed, the most common part missing is at [R227], if it is missing you can replace it with a [000] SMD resistor.

Back