NT*250 and router

Sipper

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm running my 250 through a Belkin F5D5230-4 router which seems to work, except that my d/l speed has dropped from 10Mb to 4 Mb. Cany anyone think of a reason for this? Is there some other setting that needs configuring?

Many thanks

S

--Added-- I did notice my dbox rebooted itself for no apparant reason. Perhaps the frequency is being changed / played with in my area.

S

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I'm running my 250 through a Belkin F5D5230-4 router which seems to work, except that my d/l speed has dropped from 10Mb to 4 Mb. Cany anyone think of a reason for this? Is there some other setting that needs configuring?

Many thanks

S

--Added-- I did notice my dbox rebooted itself for no apparant reason. Perhaps the frequency is being changed / played with in my area.

S
mostly like becoz u've gone wireless, u wont get max speed on wireless connection

Yes he will, I'm using a D-link 54Mbps wireless router and I'm getting 1.22MB/s on my laptop.

A drop from 10mbps to 4mbps must be a configuration error.

mostly like becoz u've gone wireless, u wont get max speed on wireless connection

But I havn't gone wireless, its a wired connection. The only difference is I now use a router whereas before the 250 was plugged directly into the PC.

S

Yes he will, I'm using a D-link 54Mbps wireless router and I'm getting 1.22MB/s on my laptop.

A drop from 10mbps to 4mbps must be a configuration error.
well ur 1 of the lucky 1's i got linksy and dont matter wot i do the max i'll get his 5mb and that include port forwarding maybe i should invest in d link

But I havn't gone wireless, its a wired connection. The only difference is I now use a router whereas before the 250 was plugged directly into the PC.

S
if its hardwire then they might be a config setup error check ur config file on ur modem to see if u still got 10mb config file and if everything is fine it might be down to the time of day. i dont really trust speed test even microsoft is not that reliable most times went i set up modem like for m8's or family and i do a speed check it shows around 4-5mb until i go to torrentleech and do a test download on a file with lots of seeds and only then i would see the true speed max 1.2 mb sec

are you getting full speed when connected direct to modem?
i use a belkin and get 10mb with newsgroups and http

Yup, strange. I get 10Mb when connected directly, and 4,5Mb when through the router.

S

For example - with direct connection:-

and through router:-

****Update*****

After buying a buffalo airstation I still get 500k connected through the airstation, and 955k when connected directly. Modem config is correct, whats going on? Any idea's chaps??

Sipper

Last edited:
Back