direct play automatic
and then come out m8.

Re: NOW TV Box £10 inc - Plex install guide

does it still work?

does it still work?

yes m8, its brill

- - - Updated - - -

Should do; but be aware that most people have moved to Kodi on low cost android devices such as the G-Box Q or Fire TV Stick.

Hi m8, believe me Plex is 100% better than Kodi, if you now what to put on it, better than cs.

Today I overheard (on the bus) someone talking to his mate on the phone saying they got rid of $ky in favor of Now TV box with Plex, so out of curiosity I checked out the prices on €bay and saw lots sellers stating their servers show live $ky TV channels, worldwide Film/TV channels, 3pm kick offs & 150 TB of on demand TV, etc...

Is this another form of CS using a simple £10 Now TV box?

Yes, they are private IPTV servers using Plex as a way to allow paid access to their servers.

If you are after a nowtv box get the black one, best way is off flebay with plex already installed, for about £15.

Hi there - I am going insane with this! I had a Now TV box (Black one) with Plex installed and working fine - A friend had done it for me - All the UK channels etc - Yesterday morning I woke up and found it was not working at all - My friend is on honeymoon so I didn't want to call him. So I set about doing a new install. Everything went according to plan. I reboot the box and the Plex (Classic) or the Plex (I think it was Rar plex or something) showed up. I go to get the menu and some of the things like "On Deck" are there - but with NO content - I go to preferences and al seems to be fine - Go to look at "On Deck" and I am told I am not connected to a Plex server. So I go to discover Plex servers - Time out! Go to add them manually - Nothing! I was at it hours yesterday - I have left it unplugged overnight - That helped in the past when things went wrong - This morning it is still the same - Have I blown it for good? Any help would be appreciated - Try not to be too techie in your replies - I understand a fair bit of tech speak but I can do without being bogged under with it - I am frustrated enough - I do hope you can help - THANKS People - I like the look of this place....If this carries on I might be here a while!! The sooner I get an answer - the better!

Have you signed into plex? it's either in preferences in settings.

Hi fatbob - Signed in - signed in and signed out - Was told to install the plex server to my pc (Not using plex on pc at all) then told not to have it on my pc at all - told to have an account at plex - told not to have one! I am out of my head with it!

If you are sharing content from someone else then you just need to be signed into plex, no need to install anything on a pc.
If you can't see any libraries then their server is down and there is nothing you can do until it comes back on line.

Hi there - I am going insane with this! I had a Now TV box (Black one) with Plex installed and working fine - A friend had done it for me - All the UK channels etc - Yesterday morning I woke up and found it was not working at all - My friend is on honeymoon so I didn't want to call him. So I set about doing a new install. Everything went according to plan. I reboot the box and the Plex (Classic) or the Plex (I think it was Rar plex or something) showed up. I go to get the menu and some of the things like "On Deck" are there - but with NO content - I go to preferences and al seems to be fine - Go to look at "On Deck" and I am told I am not connected to a Plex server. So I go to discover Plex servers - Time out! Go to add them manually - Nothing! I was at it hours yesterday - I have left it unplugged overnight - That helped in the past when things went wrong - This morning it is still the same - Have I blown it for good? Any help would be appreciated - Try not to be too techie in your replies - I understand a fair bit of tech speak but I can do without being bogged under with it - I am frustrated enough - I do hope you can help - THANKS People - I like the look of this place....If this carries on I might be here a while!! The sooner I get an answer - the better!
take it you never backed up the ip addresses if you did manually had ip address again

Yeah, I have used the ip address (mine) on screen, and the username rokudev - signed into the pc - installed the plex zip file (unzipped) - I have used more than one version and the same thing comes up - that there's no plex file server - I use the option to discover servers - nothing!

i was talking about the ip what your m8 must off put on the box in the first place now Plex is installed you will need to put the same ip off your friend to get the box working as it was... was you paying your m8?

i was talking about the ip what your m8 must off put on the box in the first place now Plex is installed you will need to put the same ip off your friend to get the box working as it was... was you paying your m8?

No, my Dad bought it me as a gift! He is on honeymoon at the mo.....As the boxes are so cheap can I go and buy a new box and use my own ip address?
The friend lives in another county - it was all set up when I got it.

the box your dad bought will connect to a external ip and bring back what ever the person shares... on a new box with Plex installed pc and now will share what ever you have installed on your pc

hopefully not a clocker

Right! I went out and bought a new one now - everything is fine - done everything as I should have done and the same f**king thing has happened? Could it be that their server IS down? Is it my router? I am pig sick of it! So, from what you guys say - because I have done it on a new box now I SHOULD, in theory be able to do this? PM me, phone me, I will phone you - whatever! It's doing my melon in! Do I need to download the plex media server on my laptop even though I am not using plex on that? Just my TV

Another daft question? Do I have to get files for certain channels myself from somewhere? Or if their server comes back on - will all the box sets etc come on automatically?

Back