Now that is pure class

langland

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support Group
Jun 10 2010 by Laura Jones, Liverpool Echo
Comments (37)Recommend (18) Rafa Benitez 460
THE ECHO can exclusively reveal that Rafa Benitez today donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group as he gets set to leave Merseyside.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who was today confirmed as the new manager at Inter Milan, handed over the cheque to Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, as the rest of the committee watched on this afternoon.

In a low key visit to the group's office, Benitez wished the group well and told them he hoped they would get the justice and the truth they are campaigning for.

Mrs Aspinall said: "It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went."

I am not surprised one bit by this very nice donation by Rafa, he was loved by the fans and he loved them, the fact he did it low key is also a credit to the man.

:Clap: Nice one Rafa :Clap:

gr8 gesture from rafa...

must point out though that off the pitch a lot of footballers/managers do quite a bit for the community/charities etc

gr8 gesture from rafa...

must point out though that off the pitch a lot of footballers/managers do quite a bit for the community/charities etc

Yes that is true, I still remember Niall Quinn's testimonial, which he donated to charity, I am not sure if he was the 1st to do that but it was the 1st I heard of it and have always applauded him for it.

still got some change out of his 6 mil

Not the point Bro m8, he could have took the 6 mill and bolted.

You Man U fans can piss on this as much as you like.
(Not you Nani I do appreciate your remarks).
The fact that he did it shows the affinity that he had with the fans.

I for one wish him well at Inter and where ever he goes from there.

liverpool-1.gif

Last edited:
Back