nova-t card is this possible ?

joebloggss

Member ++
Reaction score
got the nova -t card, can do the codes for main box, but is it possible to watch same chanels on the comp..

and if so what soft do you use...

TIA guys

Hi,
The easiest program to use is MyTheatre, which allows you to edit each channels property with a simple right click; from there you can edit the pids.
You can also edit the pids in showshifter but this involves editing the registry I will post a how-to for this if no one has already done so.
As for wintv2000 it should be possible... but I have not looked into this yet
(I suspect you would have to edit the hcwChanDB_3.mdb file and the registry)

Darcy

kevboy this is my settings for mytheatre for rh... will post for ss later hope this helps,

joebloggss: working on showshifter now will post as soon as i get it

Here are te settings for ss in mytheatre

OK... Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
This is how to add the pids to showshifter.....
Warning this involves editing the registry on your pc (I take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong or any damage you may do)

First run regedit (press Start>Run. type "regedit" hit enter)
Second goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Home Media Networks\ShowShifter\Configuration\VideoModule\Broadcast Media Services

You will see lots of numbered entries by clicking on each one in turn you will see that each represents a single channel

Go down this list until you find the channel you wish to edit (in this case rh)

Click on the plus sign next to that folder to open it then click on the plus sign next to tune info table.... you will see a folder called 00000000 open it and you will see the tuning data on the right

To change the values double click on the name of the value and enter the data in hex or decimal

When you are finished close regedit (the values will be saved)

this is the values i used for rh

Bandwidth 8
CA ID 0
Current AC3 PID 0
Current Audio PID 7071
Current Video PID 7070
ECM PID 0
Frequency 562000
Inversion 0
ONID 9018
PCR PID 304
PMT PID 259
SID 12680
TSID 12290

Alternatively:
copy this text to notepad,change 00000033 to the same number as your rh folder and save as a .reg file..... double click on the .reg file

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Home Media Networks\ShowShifter\Configuration\VideoModule\Broadcast Media Services\00000033\Tune Info Table\00000000]
"ValueTableEntry Class"="class TerrestrialDvbTuneInfo"
"Command"=""
"Description"=""
"ONID"=dword:0000233a
"TSID"=dword:00003002
"SID"=dword:00003188
"Current Video PID"=dword:00001b9e
"Current Audio PID"=dword:00001b9f
"Current AC3 PID"=dword:00000000
"PMT PID"=dword:00000103
"PCR PID"=dword:00000130
"CA ID"=dword:00000000
"ECM PID"=dword:00000000
"Frequency"=dword:00089350
"Inversion"=dword:00000000
"Bandwidth"=dword:00000008

hope this helps
Darcy

P.S. If you find this usefull please let a mod know as i would like access to "you know where" but my "you know what" isnt big enough.

cheers Darcy appreciated m8 :)

but Showshifter doesn't pick up anything nor does mytheatre, works ok with wintv2000 tho, using the latest drivers

xpsp2

any ideas m8

thanks

p.s pm Rat, should be ok m8 ;)

I don't understand, I thought you said you had showshifter working?
when you say "doesn't pick up anything" do you mean you cant tune anything in or are you just having problems with rh and ss?

did have showshifter working latest trial version, dunno what i done, so removed everything inc. wintv2000.

setup the latest version of tv2000 tried showshifter again, reconises the card but doesnt scan for channels.

latest trial of mytheatre is the same, will not scan..

will work on it later

let you know how i get on

cheers
ps wintv2000 works great tho....strange

Hmmm.......Sounds like a driver problem... I have not tried the new driver so I don’t know but..... I would try starting again from scratch.

Fallow the instructions on [DLMURL]http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/support_dvb-t_wintv.html[/DLMURL]
To remove wintv2000 and the drivers (remember to run hcwclear.exe)
Uninstall showshifter and run ssclean
Remove mytheatre

Then reinstall starting with wintv2000 and drivers.

If that doesn’t work you may have to copy some of the drivers files into your showshifter and mytheatre folders manually to replace the old ones

If all else fails go back to the drivers that did work.

Anyway that is what I would try....let us know how you get on

Darcy

Last edited by a moderator:
did you get access m8 ?

used showshifter still not working, even doing system restore...

anyway got the latest mytheatre trial up and running using this guide here

[DLMURL]http://www.dayc.vispa.com/guides/novamt.htm[/DLMURL]

scanned and working great.. only thing is it only works for an hour lol

will try rh tonight with the pids suplied Darcy m8

cheers

p.s off on holiday tommorow morning for a week ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us know more about what happens when you try to scan for channels... does the program crash or freeze or does it appear to be scanning and then just not find any channels.

Enjoy your holidays

Darcy

done a format and re-install, ShowShifter working now but cannot get pids to work after the 10 min freeview...?

done the .reg that Darcy has done above still nothing..Thanks m8 ;)

ideas guys

hmmm... the registry bit was tricky. and I made a few mistakes myself before I got it to work....but it definitely works (i think i see the problem in my original post).... I forgot to post the data values in hex (well it was around 4:am when i made that post) but the data is correct if you enter it in decimal... the attached is what your registry should look like when you are finnished.

hope this gets you up and running
Darcy

set my reg the same as yours Darcy m8, will let you know tonight...thanks

Hi,
I am running out of ideas…maybe you are on a different frequency from me... I will have to think about this some more…post as many details as you can about your problem and I will look at this again when I am sober.

Darcy

changed these settings back...

Frequency = 658000, Sid = 15680, Tsid = 12291 is the only difference from yours Darcy, all other reg settings are the same as yours m8.

when it was tuned to your settings the screen was black...now its saying "chanel rh is off air etc"

will try later on tonight....

ps Merry Xmas and thanks again :)

Ok.... less drunk now.
I have had a look at my settings and tried playing around a bit to get the same results as yourself, unfortunately I can’t remember what the settings were originally and changing anything other than audio/video pids or frequency didn’t seem to make any difference. In other words it should work by just changing the audio and video pids???
However I seem to remember that was the first thing I tried a few weeks ago before I got it working…..so I must be missing something.

Here is what to do next…
1/ Find the reg entry for channel five and make a note of all the settings (in my case this is located at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Home Media Networks\ShowShifter\Configuration\VideoModule\Broadcast Media Services\00000004\Tune Info Table\00000000] )

2/ Change all of the settings in your rh reg entry so that they are the same as ch5…..save the settings…. Open showshifter … tune to rh channel… you should see channel five on screen.

3/ close showshifter go back into regedit and change the audio and video pids to 7071 and 7070 as in the above posts. Again close regedit and open showshifter check to see if you now have rh

4/ if you don’t have a picture by now continue changing the reg setting to match my settings one at a time opening and closing showshifter each time you make a change

(The only setting you should NOT change is the frequency as channel 5 and rh are always on the same frequency)

At some point as you work your way down this list… you will start receiving rh please make a note of the last setting you have to change and let me know when it starts working…(I am still sure I had to change them all)

Note: when it starts working you will get a black screen for a few seconds before you get a picture…. Also I can’t remember whether you get anything at all during the ten minute preview so probably best to wait until after 11:15 before you try the above

Best of luck

Darcy
: santahat

Back