Not your normal ebay rant....

little_pob

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ebay reset my password because 'it appeared that my password has become known to a 3rd party'.

Security measure, fair enough. However, they only notified me of this via their 'my ebay' message system! The message system that you have to be logged in to read....

Fook wits!

BTW its all fine. I just used the forgotten password route, but there was an "oh crap! has my account been hacked moment?".

In fact the first thing I checked after not being able to sign in after one-finger-typing in the old password was check my user name to see if 'I' was selling anything... (even though my linked paypal account is registered with a different email address and password, the next step would have been to phone the bank to cancel my debit card).

They might have sent you an email, or if someone did have access to your account, they could have changed the email address on your account to their own just check it hasnt been changed, if they have then they should have access to your account any time they want and you wouldnt even know :)

Back