Not Much Channels Too Much Signal ??

lombard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Moved a box from a Telewest Area to a NTL Area, scanned perfect in telewest using set my locations and also slow scan, moved to NTL area set it to slow scan with 6887 for NTL, only found 120 channels and also tried Set My Locations and same result, I may think the signal is too strong as the Engineer put a 10db Attenuator on cable for subbed box, there aint no splitters at all, and also the channels that work have great signal like SNR 65000 Sig 42000 am using the Cloned Cryos 1.75, Do you reckon the signal is too strong thats why aint finding much channels, if yes do i need another Attenuator, also can someone send me or point me to Service Files for Coventry NTL

Thanks

Have you tried scanning without the attenuator on the feed.

Yes tried straight from outside into box no splitters and attenuator at all, same box which scans perfect in telewest area, Just Lost on this one even tried friends Nokia Box same result

Last edited:
In the white box on the inside wall will be a splitter/isolator have you taken that out the loop also.
Check the netid and frequency you have is correct for your area.

hi yes also took out isolator from white box, i did the slow scan with 6887 thought that be good enough, am gonna get another 10 db attenutor and try it ! anyone else had this problem ?? am sure signal aint low

Try an adjustable attenuator and higher the attenuation until you get a BER around zero for a valid channel.

Back