not booting and cannot flash

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
my m8 has just brought his nokia dbox2 round saying he had lost all channels, but what is happening when box is switched on screen at front goes green with nothing on it and nothing comes on tv, it does not boot up. if it was not for the screen going green i would have said that the box has no power. i have tried to reflash but nothing shows on screen, anyone any ideas?

Taken from PT-1s Helpfile...

I have flashed my Box and it now only comes up with a green Display but no writing and the Box does not boot. What have I done ?
What shows up on the Display when you boot your Box up ?
Do you get the so called "Debug Mode" Messages (a.e. Numbers and Letters in the Display Bmon...)

If yes,
the Box is still O.K
If no i.e. you just get a light on the Display (green) and nothing on the Display itself you have buggered the Box.

This could have only happened when you actually opend the Box and played around with it's insides or !!!! you have tried to flash a Image via the Box Software update Feature and did NOT choose WITHOUT bootloader and managed to get hold of a Image with the wrong Bootloader for your DBOX.

That description is a little bit misleading.
If the display is faulty you can get also only a green light.
sempi should check what he is getting via the nullmodem cable.

That description is a little bit misleading.
If the display is faulty you can get also only a green light.
sempi should check what he is getting via the nullmodem cable.

i only have ethernet cable and my mate would not have tried to flash the box as he has even less of a clue than me...lol...he said it just went off and gave it to me tonight and i have plugged it in and nothing on tv screen (it flickers for a second but does not switch over to scart, tv channel stays on so something has happened rather than something been done to box, but if it was just the display would he not still get a picture on tv?

If the image is corrupted you get nothing.
Try to flash the box without nullmodem and if that is not possible buy a nullmodem cable. 0.99 via ebay.

If the image is corrupted you get nothing.
Try to flash the box without nullmodem and if that is not possible buy a nullmodem cable. 0.99 via ebay.

have tried to flash but as nothing comes on screen on box i dont think it is happening, i will give it a try again

my box has same problem

i will order a null modem cable and see if it helps, thanks guys

i have same problem with my sagem d2 box i have tried flashing it with both cables it did flash but no picture and when you turn the box off it goes back to samee green screen on lcd no luck it looks like the mother board is gone faulty and tv out put resister may be burnt its not power board its motherbord you need new one

khady: multi :

Without a log output you can only guessing.
Simply check the log from IFA and after that a bootlog.

The same happened to my friends sagem. checked the bootlog and all i was getting was one letter. I played about with the box for a while but never got anything from it. He said it just happened. I just took the lcd and power board for spares. and it went in the bin

The same happened to my friends sagem. checked the bootlog and all i was getting was one letter. I played about with the box for a while but never got anything from it. He said it just happened. I just took the lcd and power board for spares. and it went in the bin

cheers m8 i think this may be the same, the same m8 got me to change the service and boquets on a box he got from his son in edinburgh and it was working fine but he told me today that it has stopped working also so now have
1 box getting nothing but the screen on box lights up green no text or anything and no pic whatsoever on tv and i cannot flash box or connect thru ftp
1 box where it boots up (you can see it on dbox screen) and menus can be accessed (still only thru dbox screen) no pic or anything on tv, he has tried another scart from something else so he knows it is working but still nothing, he has also tried the 2 audio and 1 video connections from dbox but no pic at all

both these boxes have fecked up within a couple of days of each other, he said he has had no power cuts or anything?

spooky

but every cloud and all that, i need a tuner for my boy's and hopefully one of these will be working:Biggrin2: :Biggrin2:

1 box where it boots up (you can see it on dbox screen) and menus can be accessed (still only thru dbox screen) no pic or anything on tv, he has tried another scart from something else so he knows it is working but still nothing, he has also tried the 2 audio and 1 video connections from dbox but no pic at all
Try putting a lead from the tuner output to the aerial input on the tv and see if you
can tune the tv to the box and check the picture quality.
As mgb says you need to post a flashlog and bootlog so he can cast his expert eye
over them.

i will have to leave it for a couple of weeks off to japan tonight, hope there is no more earthquakes...lol...but thanks to everyone for their replies

Back