Non booting Pace DITV 2000

v12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

My friend just bought round his pace 2000 which has already had the talkback cut and he was given an an original n*l card which was reprogrammed. So thinking we could try have a look into why its fooked and as i've got a programmer we tried to sort it out.

Read the card no problem, and noticed the ird was all zeros, so changed it to the one written on the card and on the box (eng menus confirmed it too).

Anyway once we'd finally worked out how to get into the eng menu, we linked it up and shoved the card in, got all channels for about 5mins and then got a black screen.

Went to the eng menu again to check the freqs and net id were correct, but now were stuck as the box wont even power on properly! Plug the power in and it comes up with "PACE" then the green dot is on in the top position within 2-3seconds the green dot moves to a lower position and the PACE turns into "- - - -" 4 dashes. It no longer comes up with a loading screen just goes black screen.

It does this when nothing is plugged in except power and scart, and also exactly the same when the card is in and live feed is going through!

And now we cant even get it to load in eng mode :( useless

Worried that we may have fooked this box up?!?!
Can anyone suggest anything?

hi mentholflash, i've just tried a forced update by pressing standby on bootup and entering 4321. With my card in there it quickly updates (does something) and then back to the black screen and four dashes on the box display.

When I do it without the card in all I get is a small message in top right of screen saying "Tuning for NIT" but it doesnt do anything just hangs but the box display is blank, no dashes.

Thanks for the input.

hi mate
have you tried a different tuner mate
try that next
has it got an anti update mod don on it wat cr version was it in eng menue

Didn't look for the cr version im afraid, and it wont go back into eng mode. i think its got the emm mod already. Apart from that were told the talkback has been cut, I haven't got the right driver bits to open the box (till tomorrow)

I'll update when ive tried your suggestions, cheers.

Are you sure the box is not booting; You are using the correct SCART socket, AV TV channel etc?

Does it stay at '----'?

If so then it sounds like a hardware problem with the box, could be a few things.

Yeh im sure it isn't doing what it is meant to.

It stays at - - - -

It goes straight into that mode in about 3 seconds from turning on. The tuner is fine, my live feed is fine as Ive got an analogue box that works perfect. It is connected via scart and the cable is almost new.

My friend is taking the box back and asking for his money back (good luck to him).

Thanks for the replies.
Gary

v12 said:
Yeh im sure it isn't doing what it is meant to.

It stays at - - - -

It goes straight into that mode in about 3 seconds from turning on. The tuner is fine, my live feed is fine as Ive got an analogue box that works perfect. It is connected via scart and the cable is almost new.

My friend is taking the box back and asking for his money back (good luck to him).

Thanks for the replies.
Gary

You say your feed is fine because you've got an analogue box that works perfect, that does'nt mean to say that the digital box will. Are you sure that your feed is digital? My mate lives a few streets up from me and a digital box won't work there because that street has'nt gone digital yet. Try a working box on the feed just to eliminate this problem.

Back