Nokia Sound Problems

slam2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello

A mate of mines is having bother with his nokia box. There seems to be a loss of sound and any time there is sound its broken up and harsh. I have tried three different versions of Sporster and all three versions have been unsuccessful in resolving the sound issue. I'm assuming that the problem is hardware and not software, so is there any image out there that will let me use the RCA connectors at the back? From doing a quick search I belive the cause is 'dry soldering' but there is no problem with the actual picture being produced. Any tips or suggestions on how I could rectify the problem would be great.

Thanks alot
Slam

Try activating spts in the misc settings menu that worked for me mate i had a nokia that did the same thing!

I have just installed the latest Sportster Pro 1.02 on said nokia box and dont have to do that so it might not work for your mate! but hey anything is worth a try!?

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on, box isn't with me just now but I'll pass on the suggestion to my pal.

*UPDATE - Well Just tried your suggestion and no luck I'm afraid. The weird thing is theres constant sound on some channels and most other channels sound stuttery or start up with no sound at all. What I really need is an image that enables the RCA outputs at the back, if anyone knows of such an image could they please let me know.

Last edited:
slam2k5 said:

I.m sure its not to do with the image as it is a hardware setup. Have you tried more than one image on the box, also have you tried using the optical out ??

de_deej

Hello

Haven't tried optical out because we don't have anything thats capable of optical input, so thats why I was asking to find out about trying to get the RCA connectors working. I tried routing the dbox through the video, then the video to the tv but the result was exactly the same. I have tried 3 different versions of sporster, boxcracker and my last attempt was enigma. All of the images suffer from the same problem so I think theres something wrong with the scart connectors at the back??? But instead of opening up the box (what tool do I need for the side screws?) and perhaps having to resolder the joints of the scart connecters, I was wanting to try the RCA outputs first.

slam2k5 said:
Hello

Haven't tried optical out because we don't have anything thats capable of optical input, so thats why I was asking to find out about trying to get the RCA connectors working. I tried routing the dbox through the video, then the video to the tv but the result was exactly the same. I have tried 3 different versions of sporster, boxcracker and my last attempt was enigma. All of the images suffer from the same problem so I think theres something wrong with the scart connectors at the back??? But instead of opening up the box (what tool do I need for the side screws?) and perhaps having to resolder the joints of the scart connecters, I was wanting to try the RCA outputs first.

I'm pretty sure they don't work have a search of the forum. Stupid question have you tried: both scarts, a diferent scart lead, connecting it to a different source (I know you said you tried connecting through the vcr, but try a different tv), changing the audio options (I use OST), different ucodes, the correct configuration for the make of box ?

de_deej

my mate went out an bought one of those gold plated scart cables at almost 20 quid (he's an idiot) and we've also tried several different TV's. The box was working perfectly until tw started knocking boxes offline a few weeks back, then the person who he bought it from flashed it with Sporster Pro, since then the sound has been stuttery or non existant . So I told him I'd reflash the box because it was silly how in some stations the sound was crystal clear every time the box was rebooted but most of the other channels were haviing problems. I did notice one thing though, when the box was working properly it was using an image from last year, I think it was a zorge one (correct spelling?), do you think if I reflashed the box with a fairly older image it may be worth the try?

slam2k5 said:
my mate went out an bought one of those gold plated scart cables at almost 20 quid (he's an idiot) and we've also tried several different TV's. The box was working perfectly until tw started knocking boxes offline a few weeks back, then the person who he bought it from flashed it with Sporster Pro, since then the sound has been stuttery or non existant . So I told him I'd reflash the box because it was silly how in some stations the sound was crystal clear every time the box was rebooted but most of the other channels were haviing problems. I did notice one thing though, when the box was working properly it was using an image from last year, I think it was a zorge one (correct spelling?), do you think if I reflashed the box with a fairly older image it may be worth the try?

This sounds like a signal problem and not hardware. Older images work better with weaker signals. Do you have more than one box running of the feed ?

I would suggest trying the working boxcracker that is in the downloads section or buying a signal booster. If you have more than one box on the feed plug the box directly into the main splitter with nothing else connected. Also if you have an old style (FM/TV) splitter remover it.

de_deej

I've tried it at my dads and he has no cable boxes running at all, and we got the same problem. But if you say older images work best with weaker signals then maybe thats why the box was working perfectly before the first flash. I'll give it a bash and let you know, in the mean time thanks very much for the suggestions... keep them coming :)

Hi mate, have alook at the splitter if its the old one remove it then try a booster you will be surprised how effective they can be. I'm 99% sure its a signal problem though.

de_deej

Theres no splitter and it was the only box connected in either of the two houses I've tried, but then again ya never know, I'll see if my mate wants to buy one anyway. I've been quite lazy and not flashed the box yet, just trying to find suitable older images at the moment.

Back