Phone Unlocking Nokia n95 software update

i have a black n95 but i lost it and got the insurance to replace it then i found the old phone but now the phone wont phone i think it blocked can i fix this thks

i have a black n95 but i lost it and got the insurance to replace it then i found the old phone but now the phone wont phone i think it blocked can i fix this thks

No, flashing IMEIs is illegal and punishable by 5 years in prison. Legally the phone is now the property of the insurance company and should be sent to them or Nokia for WEEE disposal.

If you want to try and get your excess back, you could choose to recycle most of it on ebay as parts (especially as auctions starting at 99p are currently free). Only the main board is blocked so strip it down to case, screen etc...

Re: Had a few PM's about this so here goes

I have a n95 which is locked to Tmobile, I am waiting for the unlock code to be sent to me.
If I debrand my mobile with nemesis will the unlock code still work when I get it.
Or should I debrand after I unlock it and will it still be unlocked after debranding.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Had a few PM's about this so here goes

I have a n95 which is locked to Tmobile, I am waiting for the unlock code to be sent to me.
If I debrand my mobile with nemesis will the unlock code still work when I get it.
Or should I debrand after I unlock it and will it still be unlocked after debranding.
Thanks in advance.

Was able to unlock my N95 from voda after debranding.

Phoned Vodaphone today told them I was working in the Outer Hebrides, and couldn't get a signal, and asked if they could unblock my phone, in less than 5 minutes they had sent me an e-mail with details of how to do it. hey presto it's unblocked free of charge :Clap:
liar liar bums on fire!
just need to get it unbranded and i'm sorted.

I have got the Nokia software will this update the latest software just as easy?

I have de-branded my n95 and flashed it to the latest firmware.
I now want to put 3 mobile on it, I believe the product code is 0546553.
I have changed the code with nemesis and tried to flash it but it says I have the latest firmware and wont let me do anything.
Is there any way round this?
When I re-flash with the de-branded product code it tells me I have the latest firmware but gives me the option to flash again.

The three firmware available must have a lower ROM number than the unbranded firmware. If it was the same it would ask if you wanted to reinstall. If it was newer it would update as normal.

As far as I am aware there is no way around this, probably partly due to the way the Nokia updater works.

Back