Nokia N95 Bugfix - Deleting Empty Music Folders

Seedy_r0m

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let's move before they raise the parking rate.
I've been searching for yonks on how to delete the empty music folders from my N95 8gb, but was at a loss until tonight.
I took it back to the shop, but they were worse than clueless & wanted to send it back to their service centre, but couldn't guarantee that the problem would be resolved.

Anyway...

1. You need to enable hidden Files & Folders on your PC.
(Open any folder on your computer, select TOOLS - FOLDER OPTIONS... - VIEW - select SHOW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS, then OK)

2. Connect your N95 to your computer & choose DATA TRANSFER.

3. Open Windows Explorer & navigate to the REMOVABLE DISK - PRIVATE folder.

4. COPY the following three folders TO your PC:

\101FFC31
\101f8857\Cache
\101ffca9

This is purely for back-up purposes & can be removed from your PC if you're happy that everything went well.

5. Now go back to the Phone & DELETE the contents of the 3 x folders, NOT the folders themselves:

\101FFC31
\101f8857\Cache
\101ffca9

6. When that has completed, removely the device safely from the PC, and go to the music player.

It takes a short time for the phone to rebuild the index, but your existing music should be intact & play as normal.

All traces of the empty folders have now been removed :)

I've since noticed that the Album Art will need to be reassigned...If I find a way to save these, I'll update the thread.

*** Do NOT attempt to follow this procedure if you are at all unsure, or are too drunk to do so ***
*** Digitalworldz takes no responsibility if for some remote reason you ruin your phone ***

p.s.
Mods/Admin.
I had a look through the Phone section, but couldn't find a suitable heading to post this under. Please move if you know of a more suitable section.

Is there any decent way of re-naming the Artists or songs?

Ive got over 1000 songs on mines and most have 2 artists because of lower cases and alot are in the unknown category.

Back