nokia intel 2 bmon 1.0 stuggling with debug

mickeydcarper10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to set a nokia dbox2 with 2 Intel flash chips into debug mode. I have Stemcell's guide which is cool - but I am struggling a little bit and could do with some help please!!!!!

I have the box connnected via serial modem and crossed network cable - I have used these cables before so I know they are good. I have a ppcboot file and DBOX2 Boot manager. I have followed Stemcell's guide to the point where I switch the Dbox on. I don't get 'reset' flashing, I get 'Lade...'.

So I hold the standby and the up arrow down so the box re-boots and release the standby button until the number 017a10081 320008 are displayed. Then when I get the 5 black boxes appearing between the numbers I touch my cable to the flash reset point through the casing from underneath. The DBox now displays Keine System for as long as I can remain holding the up arrow button in whilst still holding the cable against the flash reset point. Have tried this several times but I don't seem to get anywhere. Can anyone help please?

so you have you set your nic card to a static ip and 10base_halfduplex
windows firewall click exceptions and add dbox manager then disable windows firewall
all antivirus if norton disable worm blocking
all popup stoppers
on xp mediasensing patch installed to registry
ppcboot in c:\
install dbox manager i C:\ not C:\dbox
pc = 192.168.1.23
in dbox manager set ip for box to 198.162.1.24
click start in dbox manager then power up your box...if dbox manager does not switch to the com window and you dont get reset in the lcd....check your network settings
If you get reset do the following

1. Now press the up button on the front.
2. The numbers will appear now on the LCD, as soon as they do let go of the button and apply the short
3. You will now see 5 blocks appear through the number, i.e. 0181
4. Release the short
5. That’s it, your now ready to type in the commands in boot-manager to debug it

Can't get it to 'Reset'

Thanks for the tips - I followed your help to the letter, but I still can't seem to get the box to display 'Reset'. I must have tried this at least 20 times now.

At the top of the screen within the Boot Manager, I get the following messages displayed when I switch the Dbox on....

***Adapter Desc: Intel 8255x-based Integrated Fast Ethernet (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
***MAC address: 00:07:E9:D6:09:E7 Local IP: 192.168.1.50 (via Packet-Driver #0)
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69
RARP> Ignored, because requested MAC is 00:50:9C:40:5C:BA, expected MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 (DBox-IP: 192.168.1.51)
RARP> Wenn die expected MAC mit C0:.... beginnt, ist das HÖCHSTWAHRSCHEINLICH ein 10/100MBit Problem! - Lest das Readme dazu!
RARP> Ignored, because requested MAC is 00:50:9C:40:5C:BA, expected MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 (DBox-IP: 192.168.1.51)
RARP> Wenn die expected MAC mit C0:.... beginnt, ist das HÖCHSTWAHRSCHEINLICH ein 10/100MBit Problem! - Lest das Readme dazu!

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!!!!!

In the BootManager directory there is a file called dbox.ini
Open that file in NotePad and find the line starting with 'MAC=00:50:9C..." etc.

Edit the file so that the line reads:
MAC=00:50:9C:40:5C:BA

save the file, reload BootManager and try again.

It s a network problem not a ini problem.
@mickeydcarper10
Set your network card to 10base half duplex and install the mediasensing patch.

Something is blocking the network virus scanner....worm blocker....firewall even a popup stopper.
make sure you disable all the options running in these programs
Ie: norton lets you disable virus scan but leaves worm blocker running so you have to go the worm blocker option and disable this also.....peeps have even had to unistall norton to get it to work.

If you have more than one network card in disable the one you are not using.
try 10base_half duplex....try autosense even try 10base_fullduplex.
one last thing make sure your ethernet cable is cat-5 crossover it will say cat-5 on it somewhere...and you are using a NULLmodem cable.

In dbox manager the setting should be
BootP / TFTP-Server Starten:
Should be ticked.
RARP-Server starten:
Should be ticked.
NFS-server:
Should not be ticked.
COM-port:
Should be ticked & you should select the port you are using, also the speed should be 9600 baud.
Konfigurationen:
Leave empty.
turn box off
press start on dbox manager then
power up the box.

Hope this helps.

mgb said:
It s a network problem not a ini problem.

This simple ini edit fixes alot of problems - even tho it shouldnt really do much.

You didn't understand the problem.
RARP is only used from the premiere soft and if you get RARP messages the premiere soft was booted and not the ppcboot.
The ppcboot was not transfered to the box.

Big thanks!

Cheers guys!

The good news is that I now have a fully imaged and working Dbox - thanks in the main to you lot. I had recently installed a copy of Norton Systemworks and removing this did the trick. Debugging the box was simple after that!

Liam - in the end I left the dbox.ini file as it was, so it may not play such a big part in what I was doing after all. Thanks for the advice though - much appreciated.

Thanks all.
M.:Cheers:

Glad to hear you got it working
Now the real fun begins because this little baby can do all sorts.
just read up on the tuts and you will see.

Back