Nokia dbox2 won't boot

singhl

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a noka dbox2 which was working fine until i moved it to a new room in the house - now it wo'nt boot. Although it has done intemittently.

But at the moment when I power it up I can see a pale yellow light in the display but no text.

I have done some research and re-flashing seems to be the way.

I have tried IFA but cannot get anywhere.

I have a crosover cable and null modem cable connected - but when I try to flash it seems to do noting?

Boot manger says "Pinging DBOII failed!"

Pleaseeeee help...

kinda having same problem as u mate, double check everything from ure ip make sure its setup to be static eg 192.168.0.1 subnet mask set to 255.255.255.0 and the network card is set to 10baseT half duplex, but i know u still may have problems i have done all of this stuff and get the same as u Pinging DBOX Failed and i cant seem to flash it, but i aint been using a RS232 connection which is the next step for me.

@singhl
If you see only a green lcd without txt and get no response in the IFA window via your null modem cable, it looks like you own a dead box.

The strange thing is that on 1 or 2 ocassions it has booted up and worked - when at my PC , but when I take it downstairs and plug it in - nothing.

There is no pattern to it - if I can get it to boot I will try and re-flash but stuck in a no boot loop at the moment.

Just one thing... IFA will always say pinging dboxII failed... so its not indicitive of any particular problem...just so youy don't factor it in

OK zaphodigital - that is a bit of help - but is there any way of knowing that IFA can see the dbox or that the dbox can be reflashed or is completely shagged?

As I said it has on occassins booted - but then when I take it downstairs it won't. So the thing is intermittent - the only thing I did recently was to organise the bouquets.

is there any reset sequence like the 4321 on Pace cable boxes to reset the damn thing?

Any suggestions appreciated

If you use a null modem cable you should see debug messages in the log output. If you see nothing there is something wrong with your box.

Back