Nokia Dbox2 Tuner Needed

anto

Inactive User
Reaction score
I managed to snap the F-connector (input feed) off the back of my box about 6 months ago. The box continued to work OK with a bare copper feed just pushed into the hole in the tuner, but it needed 'adjustment' from time to time and now the internals seem to have disintegrated and I can't pick up a connection anymore. It seems the only remedy will be to replace the tuner.

Can anyone supply one or point me towards a reliable source?

Thanks guys.

This happened to me but I managed to solder mine back on

you just need to be very carefull

anto i have used these b4.........prices have shot up recently though.......prob best to try a repair 1st...
h**p://www.dbox2.org.uk/pi-890748493.htm?categoryId=12

Repair

I managed to snap the F-connector (input feed) off the back of my box about 6 months ago. The box continued to work OK with a bare copper feed just pushed into the hole in the tuner, but it needed 'adjustment' from time to time and now the internals seem to have disintegrated and I can't pick up a connection anymore. It seems the only remedy will be to replace the tuner.

Can anyone supply one or point me towards a reliable source?

Thanks guys.

Open your box and open tuner up,on left looking towards the box look for input pin,(antenna)if totally broke at PCB you will need to bend the other side off the can(tuner shield) at opposite side of pcb and desolder old input pin so you can replace and resolder some sort of pin that fits the diameter of old input hole. if you get another input (antenna)port to resolder back on then tack solder it too the outside groung area then solder that 'input' pin back on.

Hope you understand my reply, Good luck...

Rgds

Thanks guys for your help.

@S2...RST. I do understand and it was exactly what I needed to know about half an hour before I posted, mate. If only I hadn't already poked about looking for the ariel pin and burned out the tuner! Repair isn't really an option, much to my embarrassment......

It looks as though the whole PCB needs to come out of the box to get to the tuner. Is there anything I need to watch out for when trying this? Any good reference points, how to's, diagrams etc anywhere?

Really appreciate the help.

Back