Nokia Dbox2 Spares or Repair?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
a friend has just given me a Nokia Dbox2 to fix, although I haven't a clue how to lol. The power doesn't come on at all, nothing happens when it's plugged in :( Any idea's? Is it for the bin?

Well, your gonna have to open it, provided you have checked the fuse in the plug first.
There should be an internal fuse, your next point would be to check that.

Then get your meter out and check your getting power to power supply, if thats ok coming in, you need to check you have power coming from power supply to board.

Probably power supply.

(If your gonna bin it, I'll have it)

its upto you what you want to do with it but if you cant fix it you can always offer it as spares for sell as the parts are getting expensive nowadays just have a look at some of the sites and see for yourself m8

cheers

thanks lads

Well, your gonna have to open it, provided you have checked the fuse in the plug first.
There should be an internal fuse, your next point would be to check that.

Then get your meter out and check your getting power to power supply, if thats ok coming in, you need to check you have power coming from power supply to board.

Probably power supply.

(If your gonna bin it, I'll have it)

can you tell me how to open it please those five pointed screwdrivers are impossible to find

its upto you what you want to do with it but if you cant fix it you can always offer it as spares for sell as the parts are getting expensive nowadays just have a look at some of the sites and see for yourself m8

cheers

nice one Yido i know where ur coming from, gunna try and fix it first. thanks mate

:)

a small bladed screwdriver will open it, just press it in so it locates behind centre pin

or if you go maplins you are looking for a T-10 security scredriver, picked one up myself for £4. Is like a pen knife with all sorts of sizes on

Back