Nokia Box Booting Problems.

SyXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
A Box I purchased around 8 or 9 months ago developed somewhat of strange fault over the last week. . .

. . . I had installed the latest Cyro Sportster build and when the box was rebooting post flash it was displaying everything as normal, in the correct process , boot logo . . image Info screen, then it suddenly went onto standby !!

It would not boot past the system info screen whatsoever, i immediatly assumed bad flash and IFA'd Gavs nextgen in which it worked fine, booted no problem but strangely enough gave me the channel not available message on everything.

At this Point i decided to IFA Liams Enigma over, as this has remedied any channel not avalable Ive had so far, and it booted up fine, no problems whatsoever . . . So I thought great Ill just ftp the enigma services over and that shall be that . .

. . Wrong !!! Upon reboot after the service files install, it just went straight onto standby as soon as the image info screen appeared.

Im pulling my hair out now and very much of the impression that is indeed a hardware fault and NOT software issue . . . Im looking for anyone whos had this issue before for some information.

Many Thanks

- SyXx

DjSyXx said:
A Box I purchased around 8 or 9 months ago developed somewhat of strange fault over the last week. . .

. . . I had installed the latest Cyro Sportster build and when the box was rebooting post flash it was displaying everything as normal, in the correct process , boot logo . . image Info screen, then it suddenly went onto standby !!

It would not boot past the system info screen whatsoever, i immediatly assumed bad flash and IFA'd Gavs nextgen in which it worked fine, booted no problem but strangely enough gave me the channel not available message on everything.

At this Point i decided to IFA Liams Enigma over, as this has remedied any channel not avalable Ive had so far, and it booted up fine, no problems whatsoever . . . So I thought great Ill just ftp the enigma services over and that shall be that . .

. . Wrong !!! Upon reboot after the service files install, it just went straight onto standby as soon as the image info screen appeared.

Im pulling my hair out now and very much of the impression that is indeed a hardware fault and NOT software issue . . . Im looking for anyone whos had this issue before for some information.

Many Thanks

- SyXx

hi m8

have a look here and see if you are having probs thats the same or simular
probs

if you can get a log of it as well and how to get a log is there as well

it will tell you if you are having a fault with the hardware m8

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60975&page=2

cheers

Right hereby lies the problem, I havent got a serial cable nor connection on my laptop . . . any other ideas ?

Update :

IFA doesnt even flash it now, I flashed all 3 of our boxes back to Liams Enigmax rev 1 this evening and this particular box just booted up as normal as opposed to flashing.

Getting seriously concerned now.

Error tracing without a null modem cable is like to do not open the hood on a faulty car.

Back