Phone Unlocking Nokia BB5 Unlocking Software

Thanks for the advice. I had a quick go with the CA-53 but to no avail. I also tried ringing 3...They told be that because it was a contract phone, the only way they would unlock it would be if they spoke to the original customer (not possible for me), even if i asked 5 years later!

Perhaps there is a way to change the IMEI number to match a N80 which has already has an unlock code, then change the IMEI back again? Clinging to straws, I know...

I presume an unlocking shop will have a box that can unlock the N80?

It will be very unlikely that a shop will have access to BB5 unlocking tools - even if they say they do. If you find one, ask them to unlock the phone as proof then pay them once they have proven it.

Changing the IMEI will not help you, unlock codes are not derived from this number unfortunately.

I take it you have inherited this from someone else, or bought it second hand? It is odd 3 will not unlock it for you, when you tell them it is second hand they normally say something like "we will unlock it for £150". So, the only way out for you is to get a threepay sim (3's payt thing) put some money on it, register it with 3, wait a bit and then call them for an unlock code for that sim. They should give you it for less than £20 I think, at least this was ,y experience of 3 customers when I worked for Nokia.

For the record, a DKU-2, CA-70 or CA-53 will not unlock any phones. The connections they use on the phone itself (pop port) dont allow this sort of operation

Can someone tell me what cable I need for a Nokia 6630, iv just bidded on DKU-2 USB Data Cable for Nokia 6230/6630/7610/3230/1100 im assuming its the right one for me to unlock my phone and upgrade my phone firmware?

no, anything claiming to be a DKU-2 or CA-70 or CA-53 will not unlock your phone.

This sort of operation cannot be done over the pop port, no matter what anyone says. On your phone it can be done with a different connection, you will see some connectors under the battery etc that allow the phone to be connected to a jig

So what cable is exactly needed for unlocking bb5 likes 6630 n70 etc anyone got a ebay link?

There is no cable out m8, U need a box type thing i belive its a griffin box? Im not to sure but its pretty expensive.... I was reading up on it when i had a 6680 and some guy from abroad somewhere was talking to me about it, apprently theres a few shops in france with the unlock boxes :Cheers:

Taken from the readme:

"For this program you need Fbus cable like DK5, CA43 or similar conected to ports from COM1 to COM9."

I can't provide you with any link though Bally12345 m8 as it seems that fleabay is out of stock.

:)

Hmmm after reading this thread it seems as though some people have had success but also seems like its not possible after reading some of the comments... So not really sure if its worth buying a cable or not...

I got the normal DKU-2? I thought I could unlock with this but I cant, but came in handy for upgrading firmware on my 6630 and N70... I will just keep my eye on this thread...

well, you wont be able to unlock anything like an N95, N91 or N91 8Gb as it uses the DKE-2.

the DKU-5 wont be usable with s60v3 FP2 handsets (such as the N73) as it just doesnt even look for or use serial communications over the pop port.

If you take the batteries out of your phones and look in there, you will see a bunch of contacts, sometimes they are covered by foam (please dont go damaging your phones). These contacts are used by a FPS-10 jig in order to connect to a PC. Nokia's flashing software - pheonix - can use this jig to alter all the info on the phone, including operator locks.

The thing is, no one here is going to get one of these jigs. Nokia, naturally, guards them quite well. The boxes Nokia provides to the network generate the codes needed to unlock a phone based on the firmware present on the devices. As Nokia put the firmware on them, the boxes are already configured. The phone does not need to be connected to these boxes. If you un brand the phone, the codes do not always work.

Boxes like the griffon do not unlock the latest BB5 phones, the only chance you would have is with the dejan application that doesnt always work.

Use it while you can, Nokia will fix this in the next few months. So buy as many locked phones as you can from ebay and flogg em back unlocked.

well, you wont be able to unlock anything like an N95, N91 or N91 8Gb as it uses the DKE-2

I have a DKE-2 cable tried to unlock my brothers n95 but when I press read it just hangs.... Any ideas?

Also just bought DKU5 serial cable and usb from ebay so will see if I can do anything with these..

I have a DKE-2 cable tried to unlock my brothers n95 but when I press read it just hangs.... Any ideas?

Also just bought DKU5 serial cable and usb from ebay so will see if I can do anything with these..

Even the commercial hard / software cannot unlock the n95...Its 2k - 3k. The free stuff obviously can't either

These service leads often call themselves ublocking / service leads. They possibly could unlock the phone if there was any available software that supported its usage....There isn't any yet..Sorry

its doubtful that any of the cables you see on ebay would be able to unlock the latest bb5 security.

you often find unlocking clips etc - these are normally for samsung devices as it is quite easy to unlock them. networks love nokia devices as they are so hard to remove from that network (like vodafone, they love full customisation) so they continue to make money for that network regardless of who actually has it.

Many older phones can be unlocked by a cable or an unlocking clip, especially older s40 phones and some s60 phones. But the new stuff is always a lot harder to unlock unless you have the gear from Nokia.

Seriously, one of the easiest ways to get a phone unlocked is just to call them and ask how much it will be, for a 18 month old phone I cant see it being a lot. Obvioulsy a brand new N95 will cost a bit.

An N95 will cost you the same amount as any other current phone to unlock from the same network. Oftel has got involved. Subsidy cannot be taken into consideration, only a "fair and reasonable admin charge".
This is correct if you obtain the code from the network for which the handset was intended. The 3rd party code suppliers whose main income is from second users (bought the handset 2nd hand, etc) charge more for the later Nokias.....Simply because they can. The only plus side to this is that the codes can usually be obtained quicker by a 3rd party. The longest I've had to wait for Voda codes was 2 days and for BB5 I think it is just short of a week.

ahh, I see. The lead time for the BB5 codes to be delivered will be due to the fact they will need to be generated on the hardware I mentioned earlier, as there are only so many boxes available for these guys they will need to queue all that work.

If ofcom are now imposing fair prices, does anyone have a good example of how much this is? Essentially, if it is £50, I think this is fair and reasonable for a brand new phone.

ahh, I see. The lead time for the BB5 codes to be delivered will be due to the fact they will need to be generated on the hardware I mentioned earlier, as there are only so many boxes available for these guys they will need to queue all that work.

If ofcom are now imposing fair prices, does anyone have a good example of how much this is? Essentially, if it is £50, I think this is fair and reasonable for a brand new phone.

£50 to unlock a new phone is reasonable? Sorry if I read it wrong but £10-£20 is reasonable considering it shouldnt be locked in the first place lol...

Woohoo succesfully unlocked my 6630 with a DKU-5 usb cable... stupidly I bought the usb version and the serial version just incase but it worked first time with my usb version.

Just to add this does work but it is hard to understand and use, i still cant get it to work,

Whats so hard about it you get step by step instructions, had no problems at all took a few minutes.

an i do this using a USB dku-5 cable? i cant get it to read my phone. trying a 6680. if so what do i put in the config file

right i found what was wrong i didnt load the dku-5 drivers on my pc. all sorted and now have an unlocked 6680

Back