Phone Unlocking Nokia BB5 Unlocking Software

Works!

Works on my N80 - presumably there'll be a cheaper (read free) method very soon!

Hi all, i have just got myself a new N70 and it obviously has the latest software on:-RM 84 : v5.0705.3.0.1 (vodaphone branded).

It goes without saying that the BB5 unlock program can not work with this newer firmware correctly as it fails when it gets to the writing log stage, even though it seems to read the phone details perfectly.

Now my questions are - is it possible to downgrade my phones firmware to a version that is compatible with BB5 or can i create my own backup log from the information BB5 has given me in the read process.

I might be p***ing in the wind here but i know these phones can be unlocked from certain shops and computer fairs so wondered if there was a work around for the problem?

Hi all, i have just got myself a new N70 and it obviously has the latest software on:-RM 84 : v5.0705.3.0.1 (vodaphone branded).

It goes without saying that the BB5 unlock program can not work with this newer firmware correctly as it fails when it gets to the writing log stage, even though it seems to read the phone details perfectly.

Now my questions are - is it possible to downgrade my phones firmware to a version that is compatible with BB5 or can i create my own backup log from the information BB5 has given me in the read process.

I might be p***ing in the wind here but i know these phones can be unlocked from certain shops and computer fairs so wondered if there was a work around for the problem?

yes u can downgrade firmware but for that u need somthing like a jaf box

and yes they can be unlocked

so in laymans terms, can this be unlocked DIY style easily or is it a better idea to pay someone a tenner to do it ?

so in laymans terms, can this be unlocked DIY style easily or is it a better idea to pay someone a tenner to do it ?

it depends on the fone

if ur fone is the old firmware n70, 6300 .etc .etc

u can unlock it ur self

but if its got newer firmware then u need to downgrade firmware which u need a jaf box (be on safe side) and then use this method

or

u need to have access to hardware to test point unlock these fones if u cant downgrade or u got some other fone like n80, n71, n95, n73, 6280, 7373 .etc .etc

the hardware would typically set u back around £400 just for the unlocking box and a further £100 / £150 for the jaf box to downgrade.

Nokia N73 V3

Hi

Does this unlock the N73 V3 or only version 2. If so is there anything that will unlock V3 ?

6300 unlock

Can any one help me to unlock nokia 6300 lock to o2?

i have nokia 6280 locked too three can someone tell me how i would get this to work when i open the INSTALL.BAT file it gives me COM port error ....can somoene please pm or explain exactly how this works and EXACTLY what we ned to do to make it work?

This software is very old and will only work on very old BB5 phones... It only works on a few early models, such as the 6630, etc... It will not work on the 6300, 5300, N95, 6500, 6280, N80, N73, etc or most BB5 phones, so please please do not damage your phones trying...

can someone link to the software or email me it please

6680 and an n95

Back