No Update Mod on Ditv 1k

bignbold3000

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,
does anyone know anything about the no-update mode on the 1k, changed netid to correct value using libby but does not update, tried 4321 still no update,

all help appreciated

Hi mate if the box is from a different provider then it might need to go back that provider for the update.

Ta.

are there two chips missing off the simm?? or slightly lifted?

yes mate two sims are slightly lifted from (top) lookind down the chip, if I resolder these will this make the box fully updateable????

Last edited:
the simms look in good condition, no bend legs, would a first try with a hairdryer be a good bet????

i just removed simm module and layed flat, placed a small weight on the simm so as all legs touched, then quickly run the solder iron over the legs. a couple of the legs shorted out with each other, but cleaned up with sharp scalpel

to be honest I'm terrible with a soldering iron, I think mine is too powerful because I always end up burning off tracks, so will try with plenty of solder and hair dryer, if that doesn't work then will try to see if any friends have a 4 simm in there box, will keep all up to dat, thanks all for your kind help

to be honest I'm terrible with a soldering iron, I think mine is too powerful because I always end up burning off tracks, so will try with plenty of solder and hair dryer, if that doesn't work then will try to see if any friends have a 4 simm in there box, will keep all up to dat, thanks all for your kind help

your friends will need there simm ...once the simm is updated the box needs the full simm to work ..pm me i can resolder your simm ..i might b in your area m8

just a quick question, I thought the reason that the simm's were modded in the past was so they couldn't be updgraded by the operator, so why can't I use a unmodded simm to upgrade and then put the modded sim back in?????

dont know the exact reason, but it dont works like that, i tried that first. if you do that the box will become useless without the updated simm(wont work with the old one)

Back