No Tv signal to box???

Ghost1980

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone assist? I have a Replay box and i could get TV fine in my old house even though I only subscribe to broadband. Now i moved house and have connected my broadband in the other day, I've plugged my replay box back in and it cam up "no signal", i have done a full channel search and nothing is coming through although the broadband is working fine?

Any ideas?

Do i need to sub to one of the TV packages as a minimum? I thought it comes down the same feed?

Thanks,

Mate,

It's rare .... :confused: The cable carries both signals, broadband & telly, even you subscribe only broadband. Don't know about Replay box. Maybe you can do some double check about cable, splitter & configuration of the box. That's all what I came to my mind. Good Luck....:Biggrin2:

I am thinking that it could possibly be a weak signal to the box? There is a box located on the outside of my house. Would anything in there have an effect on the signal that comes through?

Have you moved areas? If so the symble rate may be different, I cannot remember where or if you change this on the Replay

Thanks matey!

I have only moved 10 minutes down the road so i assumed it would stay the same but you may be right.

I have found where the symbol rate can be changed and currently it is set to 6887, 6952.

Any ideas on how i can ascertain what the correct one should be?

thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately still no channels found. I can't figure this out at all. It worked sweetly in my other flat which is around the corner.

When the guy installed the broadband he did say there was a problem with the signal, went outside and did something, came back in, plugged his laptop in and then said it should be sorted. The internet works fine.

Have not played with a replay for qite some time, but is there a signal meter? If so can you post what you get.

Could it have been damaged in the move?

Your more then likely on low tap in the cab.. You don't need as strong of a signal with a modem then u do with a TV box..

The problem is what to do about it...
A signal booster may work if its power full enough.

I assume that you have been trying to the split the signal using a two or three way splitter?

Check that the splitter is not really old as these can have problems with digtal signals and cause signal loss

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses.

JonMM - cannot find a signal meter, do you know where i would find this?

Jasperconran - do you know what kind of booster i need? a standard aerial booster? i.e from argos??

warmy - I have a two way splitter (5-2400mhz), it is about a year old.

I may try and borrow my brothers box and see if it picks up a signal?

Is there anything that can be done with the outside box to increase my signal?

Thanks for all your help and apologies for the millions of q's!!

Sorry admins i have accidentally double posted the above!! Please delete!

Last edited:
okay, try this, take the feed out of ure modem and plug it in ure box and check if that works. i think either ure not plugging a live cable feed in it or u have a lose connection somewhere - check the splitter if u have one

Back