No T-Stream

montezoomer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been given a 4001 to fix.......lucky me eh? thought I had fixed it as I found a cap in a bad way on the underside of the board and replaced it.
Guy says he was watching a film and the box just chucked it, went into the engineers menu and there was no SNR signal replaced tuner and still the same, after replacing faulty cap I now get an SNR signal but card status is still No T-Stream. I pulled the jumper and the box found the Net ID again no probs so the signal must be there.
The box tried to do a software update but got stuck on pat, tried again and stuck on tune. tried bypassing on boot up but channels currently unavailable message comes up.
Anybody any ideas, tried search facility but can't find anyone who's cracked no t-stream.
Cheers guys.

montezoomer said:
Been given a 4001 to fix.......lucky me eh? thought I had fixed it as I found a cap in a bad way on the underside of the board and replaced it.
Guy says he was watching a film and the box just chucked it, went into the engineers menu and there was no SNR signal replaced tuner and still the same, after replacing faulty cap I now get an SNR signal but card status is still No T-Stream. I pulled the jumper and the box found the Net ID again no probs so the signal must be there.
The box tried to do a software update but got stuck on pat, tried again and stuck on tune. tried bypassing on boot up but channels currently unavailable message comes up.
Anybody any ideas, tried search facility but can't find anyone who's cracked no t-stream.
Cheers guys.

What about on the CIM unit, the RF conector inside, is it making good connect?, sometimes they break.

The F-connector has a good connection to the Tuner/CIM board, I also tried a new Tuner.

could try it on another cable feed, plenty of anecdotal evidence on here suggests 4001 boxes have a problem updating if the feed is not A1

Does the 'no t-stream' message appear reagrdless of if the card is inserted or removed? If so this would suggest either a dodgy card reader or the power supply to the card reader. Are you getting any channels at all (even the free ones)?

If I take the card out it says removed, and I have no channels which makes me think the card is not the problem but the box.

Back