Phone Unlocking no sure if i post this here help..................

bloodstone1964

Inactive User
Reaction score
bought a motorola v3 4 days ago second hand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bought a motorola v3 4 days ago second hand, its an orange phone but it was unlocked to all networks, i got it home installed my own simcard (virgin) and then called 789 to check my credit, it let me ring out, then i put some credit on my card and tried 789 again to see if my credit had gone on ok and it had, anyway my husband has bought the same phone so yesterday i thought i would send a photo from mine to his throught bluetooth, that also worked ok, anyway i thought i would see what my ring sounded like so i used my husbands phone to call my mobile and i got a message "this phone is not currently taking calls" so i thought eh! thats not right so i tried to dial out from my phone and got this message, call diverted then it comes up and says call failed not allowed, when i check my phone settings i don't have call divert set to on, i also cannot send or receive text messages i get the error message send failed sending status 254, i don't understand what has happened i bought it from a market trader for £100 who said it was all working ok, if anyone has any ideas or knows how to put this problem right please help as i cannot afford to lose this kind of money so near christmas

thanks for any help
emma

99.9,etc% that the phone is blacklisted. It could have been reported lost / stolen after you have bought it. It may have also been before. Sometimes the networks take a little time to catch up with the blacklist database.
With no risk at all (we do it 3 - 4 times daily) ring the provider the phone was originally sold by (voda, orange, etc) and just say you are a service center having problems with a phone. Could you please let me know if the phone is blacklisted or not. They will give a straight yes or no answer. In the early days, we even offered to return the phone to them and they had no interest at all.
On a final note, get you money back from the trader and have a look around tesco, carphone wharehouse, etc. Forget which it is but I am sure you will find a new one now for the same price (no more than £20 more anyway).

when i purchased the phone there was no sim in the phone

when i purchased the phone there was no sim in the phone i put my own sim card in the phone as it was unlocked so if this is the cases is that why the phone is blocked not my sim card as i checked my sim card in my old unlocked phones was ok if this is a stolen phone do they block the phone its self .any way its going back to the trader i got it from ..thanks ......:mad:

The network can block either the sim card from the network or the phone. They can "blow" the sim so it will never work.
In your case though it sounds very likely that they have blacklisted the phone which for them to do is very easy...

the phone has been stolen and its been blocked the trader has unbocked it to any network but it may not stay unblocked forever so i would get your money back because its been blocked agan and its a stolen phone.

Last edited:
took the phone back to the trader

first i took it to a phone shop who checked it out it was blacklisted took it to the dealer told him he said he did not no anyway he refunded us we were lucky thanks for the help on this everyone new phones for me from now on :)

you were lucky there, some traders might have said something like 'sold as seen' i'd sgree, stick to new phones from a store from now on.

Back