No space left on device

Plebster

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am running the latest Nextgen x2 image from Gav. I now want to update my services and bouquet files to ones that i have backed up from a previous image. But can't. First i tried ftping over to the box as before but it doesn't update the files so i telnet on and when trying to either rm or chmod the files i get 'No space left on device'.

Any ideas? Or should i just reinstall the next gen image?

Ta,

Jim

Not sure, but i've had no problems putting images into the \tmp dir before and these are around 8mb. There is nothing of that size in the \tmp at the minute

have a look on the lcdif says something like 16/00/08 in the bottom corner on start up then the box doesn't have enough memory to ftp

Just rebooted and on the lcd is 32/00/08. This is the only image i've had this issue with.

are u trying to put the services.xml files into the tmp directory

u have to delete the old ones in the zapit directory then ftp the new ones where the old ones were and restart the box

thats what i do anyway

Hi, I had the same problem before. It seems I managed to overwrite some of the protected areas. Reflashing the image with IFA fixed the problem.

stugga said:
u have to delete the old ones in the zapit directory then ftp the new ones where the old ones were and restart the box

thats what i do anyway

thats what i did because when i overwrite the files they dont change when you plug it back in.

Back