No Sound

carrotts73

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a Dbox2 here that has no sound coming from the scart output. The box is a friends, and I've just flashed a copy of Gav's new sportster that was backed up from my box. The boxes are both Sagem 1X.
Gonna get some leads and see if any thing is coming out of the jack plugs
Any suggestions in the meantime
Cheers
Carrotts

Try the other scart socket at the back of the box! You should get sound out of both of them!

Also, press Dbox button on remote, goto Settings, goto Audio and try playing around with the settings in there.

sorry its took so long to get back, gonna try using the RCA outputs. Anyone got any ideas if they work (other than just use them :) )
Cheers
Carrotts

I think that the RCA ports work with some enigma builds. If you can't get it going with a neutrino-based image (such as Sportster) then you might want to try an enigma image.

are you sure your using a fully wire scart lead ?

de_deej

Thanks for the tips. never got round to testing it last night. Yes the lead is ok, and i've tried both scarts, i put the faulty box in place of my own box. Oh well i'll keep trying
Cheers
Carrotts

Right them, totally at my wits end, can't get a glimmer of sound. The cable and image etc. are all the same as on my own dbox2, but i can't get anything to rok. Does anyone have any idea if there is anyrthing i can take a soldering iron to in a lasy ditch attempt. Might have to put a oscilloscope on the faulty one and the working one. Any advice greatly accepted. I've also tried the enigma image, and no joy...
Cheers
Carrotts

try reflowing scart socket

Hi,
I have a Sagem D-box. I had a similar problem and found that the scart sockets were dry jointed. This means that the solder joints are not making proper contact to the board. So I took the D-box apart and took the board out and reflowed the scart socket joints. (reflow = being resoldering). This worked for me.
My friend had a similar problem to me and he had sound coming out of one scart socket but not the other one. He reflowed the scart sockets but still got no sound out of the bottom scart one.
I am after a schematic diagram of the Sagem D-box if anybody has one so my friend and I can see if we can solve this fault. Does anybody have one that they can upload onto this site. It would be mostly appreciated.

Back to your problem, I would try reflowing the scart socket, firstly and going from there as 9 times out of 10 the problems are caused by dry joints, remember we have been buying old refurbised d-boxes. Hope this helps you out and solves your problem.
All the best

Sparks

Cheers mate, I'll ive that a gp at work tomorrow.
Think there were some schematics on here somewhere but I think they were for nokia.
Cheers
carrotts

If you have the option try the optical out, i use this option and the sound is much better,allso read on another forum someone had the exact same fault as you, no sound on any scart and the optical option worked fine for him, must be on different audio feeds in box.

Scematics

Hi Carrot,
I hope you had some luck with the sound on your box. Did you know when the schematics were posted on here. As it might e worth looking at the Nokia ones as they probobaly similar chipsets etc, for the sound IC. I will post in the main section in a minute and ask.
Hope you have sound.

All the best
Sparks

Right then,
No sound still, tried touching up all the scart joints, tried both sockets etc. still no joy. Probably give em another go.
Found the schematics, the link is
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48515&highlight=schematics
Gonna go through these and see what I can see!!!!
Haven't got anthing to connect the optical to, so thats a no go. Can't even use it to check

Cheers
carrotts

Thanks for the link

Thanks Carrot, sorry to hear that you had no luck with reflowing.
I will have a look at the schematics and see if anything jumps out. My friend has a similar fault so will pass them on to him and see if he can see anything etc. Will let you kow if we solve the fault.

All the best
Sparks

Thanks for the tips, but I've been in touch with the original supplier in Germany, and he is ok about sending it back. So i'm not gonna touch it again.
Anyone know how much it costs to post one box to Germany, and who is the cheapest.
Cheers
Carrotts

Back