no signal whatsoever

lynsey76

Member ++
Reaction score
Amiko alien2 got an 80 cm motor dish but not even getting signal, tried everything, same with my evo affinity, worked fine with sky dish

Sounds like the dish is out of line or a faulty lnb or cable damage.

tried sky lnb off dish, even if out of line surely I would get some kind of signal when pointed at SATs, cable brand new as well, everything is spot on using sky dish. Its really getting on my wick, lol,

Only needs to be a fraction out and you would get no signal on any sat. Could you go into sat positioned and maybe try move dish a little manually. I don't know your receiver and don't want to tell you wrong.

I'm willing to try anything, I've got an install er coming today to give me estimate, see how that goes.

Have u put new dish? , setting up motorized dish is not easy with out proper equipment as u need to calculate angles according to ur geographical position when setting up dish and motor .

I thought this was a dish that had already been installed. As misiozol has asked is this a new install you have tried yourself?

tried do it myself, just had installer ,could,nt find signal either, nothing, not even on my sky dish now . thinking both lnbs have gone together. ... anyway, waiting to get installed proper in 2 weeks. thanks for replies guys. ill just find something else to bugger up for next 2 weeks.

No obstruction in any way ? poor installer if could not find signal and did not had any new lnb for testing , smells very fishy as it never happen to me that by chance 2 lnb in line would have both polarization fcuked, what measuring equipment did he had ?

No obstruction in any way ? poor installer if could not find signal and did not had any new lnb for testing , smells very fishy as it never happen to me that by chance 2 lnb in line would have both polarization fcuked, what measuring equipment did he had ?
thats what i thought, he had something plugged in my kitchen, when he tested with a cable into lnb i just heard lots of clicking or pitched noise.

I tried new dish ,just as fixed, working fine now used same cables and lib so must be dish, oh well, thanks guys.

Back