No screen mirroring

When you press Smart view on your S8 does the tv show up in the list of available devices?

Not sure how it would work on a Toshiba as my S9 uses direct wifi to connect to my samsung tv

I doubt it will have screen mirroring, being made by Turkish firm Vestel. I know the Mrs Seiki doesn't, and I think that's made by Vestel.

Maybe this manual I found will tell You.
It looks like it can, page 28 of the manual mentions something about it.

HERE is the link for many more Toshiba info and manuals if anybody wants a look.

Attachments

• 49u6763db_8E728A662170.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Seems like it has mirorcast, but I may need additional hardware...bummer lol

The S8 should be able to connect to Mirrorcast at 1080p

Yes I know that cos I use my phone to connect to my Samsung tv upstairs but doesn't work on this Toshiba.. doesn't find any devices
See pic
Screenshot_20190605-102729_Smart View.jpg

Wierd mate :(

Can you ping the TV's ip from your S8, or browse the TV's web panel if it has one?

Yes I can ping to tv, if you mean if I can access , YouTube, Netflix etc browse the web on the tv, then yes I can

Your TV is obviously on the network and can access the internet etc. but I mean can the S8 ping the TV's IP, therefore confirming the S8 can discover the TV on the network, using an app like Fing or Ping?

So the S8 can definitely reach with the TV across the network. I'm out of ideas mate. Short of a versioning issue which is unlikely, or any kind of network port/device blocking from TV itself if available, the only other thing I've seen before is odd refusal on rooted phones. All of them are pretty unlikely though :(

Thanks mate for your help anyway...I wonder if it's anything to do with my talk talk router....? Mind you I have no issue with my Samsung tv upstairs , must be this crappy Toshiba tv.

Thanks mate.. that seemed to have worked..however I reset the tv to factory settings, I'm sure before when I pressed sources button on the remote it didn't display "0 wireless display ' as in picture , but it does now..finally got it WORKING..yaay..thanks guys for all your help n advice..appreciated..20190606_185831.jpg

Back