no replys

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how annoyin is it when people on here come on with no posts and ask for advice or even other people and u go out your way to help them and thats the last u hear off that..no thanks or anything..was the info any usefull..just my wee rant lol

every forum going has the same, it's not a problem - just the way things are, lol

I find it even more annoying when you join a forum, post a question only to be replied with "use the search" or even more annoying - asking a stupid question to answer your own.

from experience on this forum since my recent sign up there are the usual split of helpful and stupid replies, I use the search (and dont find it particularly good, just too many hits every time), I know about the "Donate" option, I know about the "Help Files" but when someone is new to something and not particularly good at a certain thing and even less clued up about tech terms for that certain thing, what you supposed to do, especially when you want a quick answer??

ffs, I asked a question about a serial connection on my pc, I got confused from my motherboards discription of the connection I had, I got the usual stupid reply then other useful replies, much to everyones amusement :)
but I got the answer and paid my thnx when I was educated, seems like a daft question now, but there you go - live and learn.

Not all newbies are leechers, inevitably some will stick around to learn more - like me :proud:

On other forums, if I answer posts and get no thnx or dont hear from them again, I just ignore them in future.

my small rant over, lol

cheers
g2k.

I asked for help the other day on dbox2 and was told to look in the guides.How do you think i felt and ive got over 600 posts!!!

agreed.. you get no thanks.. but I dont go in a huff or ignore anyone.. and still help folk.. A Thank you is nice but if they dont, then no bother..

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank each and every one of you in advance...
Remember my name...cos i've been known to ask the odd daft question or two...

I've felt like jumping in a time or two on certain threads,just to say "i'll thank you...even if they won't"

It's all good saying thanks an all. But I've seen a few members get there posts clocked for basically too many thanks posts.....

Maybe the thanks button should be brought back?

Would solve all the probs, peeps can say thanks via the button and make a small posts saying how there prob was fixed. And also peeps wouldn't have to worry about being post clocked (And afraid to say thanks) ;)

:)

............................But I've seen a few members get there posts clocked for basically too many thanks posts.................

;)

You'll never be accused of post-clocking if you ask a question and thank the responders.

(one thanks per thread is enough though, and thanking on other peoples threads is probably taking the piss)

Yep a thankyou from the person aking the question and receiving help would not be seen as clocking infact the thanks would be encouraged ;)

what pisses me off is someone making a thankyou on a thread thats months old in say the freebie section and they have only just joined

"Thanks m8" or "nice one"

Thats clocking

what pisses me off is someone making a thankyou on a thread thats months old in say the freebie section and they have only just joined

"Thanks m8"

Thats clocking
agree with this thanks m8 lol

have to say that i am guilty in saying use the seach but i do this when i know that the same question has been ask 20,000 times and some times 2 - 3 times in a day and answered every time, like the ' my card has gone off help' threads
no excuse wont happen agian ( i think )

Its bloody infuriating when people ask questions and lots of members respond to the question and not a clue is given to whether it was solved or not.

I may even have forgotten myself to go back and state the post was solved...I dont know if I have but sometimes I forget but I would never intentionally do it and I think thats what this thread is about.

You also see posts where members have got the problem solved and thanked everyone for their help, then 2 weeks later someone comes along and suggests something which was already suggested...just another form of clocking.

It's all good saying thanks an all. But I've seen a few members get there posts clocked for basically too many thanks posts.....

Maybe the thanks button should be brought back?

Would solve all the probs, peeps can say thanks via the button and make a small posts saying how there prob was fixed. And also peeps wouldn't have to worry about being post clocked (And afraid to say thanks) ;)

just what i was gonna say i used to put thanks for that helped alot or somthing then i saw it was not allowed so dont do it as often now

Back