no power

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

howdy folks.

ive just getting a di1000t pace box to play around with when i plug the mains lead in its not powering up anyone know where to start looking on the thing (and yes the mains lead is ok lol)

cheers all :Cheers:

look towards the back on the right
1/4 inch round red this is the onboard fuse
try that

listen very closely around the powers supply when you apply power - if it makes no noise whatsoever - there as a smd capacitor under the TOP223y chopper transistor (change that and the TOP223y).
if you do hear a clicking sound then the powersupply is ok and you have a s/c caqp somewhere on the motherboard. all this if the fuse is ok!

have a look at the pics guys is that the on board fuse witch ive pointed to

and one more thing ive just taking the board out to have a closer look and touched a big black cap thing and getting a shock off it

use a meter. set it to continuity (makes a buzz when the probes are touched together. - put probe on each side of fuse and if it doesn't buzz its blown.

just read you got a shock LOL < the fuse is ok mate. the cap can only hold a charge if the fuse is ok and the powersupply isn't firing up.
change the parts i described above and you should be ok.

thanks beercans and david ill get me self a meter and get back to you if i need anymore help

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

pmsl a nearly sh*t meself when i got the shock mate canny little one with it not been plugged in anyways where exactly is the smd capacitor and the top223y chopper transistor mate thanks again mate for ya help

Im havin the same prob with a 4001 where is the smd capacitor and the top223y?
The box is clicking but no power.

gazzas said:
Im havin the same prob with a 4001 where is the smd capacitor and the top223y?
The box is clicking but no power.
Image courtesy of Oxkiller.
The TOP223Y is the tranny to the left of the circled cap.

:xmas: chookey :xmas:

Last edited:
Dont ever take the back off a telly - if you think the shock from a capacitor on a pace board made you jump the belt from a tube would make your hair stand on end for days - lol!!!

gooner71 said:
Dont ever take the back off a telly - if you think the shock from a capacitor on a pace board made you jump the belt from a tube would make your hair stand on end for days - lol!!!

Too right!! Many years ago I would pull the eht anode from the tube whilst standing on a rubber mat. Once an unsuspecting trainee walked past I would then promptly touch him on the shoulder. I then took great delight in watching him breakdance on the workshop floor.
I got a taste of my own medicine when I was required to replace a faulty tube. I changed it no problem but when I lifted the old one on to my shoulder to take it away, it discharged its' full charge into my right ear. I am not sure whether it was my scream or the tube disintegrating on the workshop floor that made the most noise.
That put an end to my "shocking" behaviour.

:xmas: chookey :xmas:

Back